Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Aaron's eyes found interest in probing the boy's body.

Legs and arms covered with fading scars and livid bruises, bare back spangled with scabs and old burn marks, it couldn't be clearer that he had been abused in some terrible way.

Aaron's heart quaked in his chest, beats harsh and rapid as he wondered worriedly how immense the pain must've been for him. He looked at the boy's face: eyes bright, varying hues of blue and hair a light shade of brown. The boy stared at Aaron intently for a moment, then rested his head against the man's shoulder.

Aaron was sure that they must've abused him until he became obedient, because it wasn't natural for a teenager to be held that way. The pattering of feet echoed, and the sound broke Aaron out of his trance, wide eyes watching fearfully as the man stepped nearer. Sporting a burly and muscular frame, Aaron quickly concluded he had absolutely no chance at fighting him. His deep brown hair was brushed up into a neat quiff.

The woman had luscious, wavy blonde hair and shining green eyes that seemed constantly attached to Aaron. When she smiled, her plump pink lips revealed a tiny gap between her two front teeth. She looked almost the same age as her partner.

Despite the circumstance, Aaron found himself surprised at their appearances. He had expected to see demonic, haunting faces, or perhaps creepy masks and dark, villainous cloaks. It didn't make him feel safe, though, because he knew better than to judge by looks. It was an allurement for trust, he was almost certain.

"Come here, baby," she spoke with a velvety smooth voice, the heals of her shoes clicking menacingly against the tiles as she slowly approached the crib.

Aaron watched as the space between them lessened, and his instinct told him to keep himself as away as possible from that creep. He shuffled back, pressing his spine flat against the bars just as she reached her hand towards him.

Aaron ignored her. All but letting a creepy constantly-smiling psycho lady touch him. They were acting like having a teenager in a giant crib was normal and that marked a new level of psychotic.

"Let me do it," the man said, his gruff voice gentle yet demanding. He set the boy on the floor and stood beside the woman, then reached his sturdy arms down the crib; the muscles bulged and contracted visibly as they extended further down, and Aaron could see the veins that popped out prominently from beneath the tan skin and snaked down his arms.

As intimidating as the sight of those burly arms going towards Aaron was, an everlasting, loving smile on the man's face came to contradict that. The contrast slowly ripped Aaron's brain apart; the muscles were warning, but the smile was assuring. How could someone play it so well?

The sound of Aaron's heartbeat pounding loud like bells in his ear blocked out his thoughts. The man's approaching arms were now too close: close enough that his fingers latched tightly around Aaron's underarms and lifted him out of the crib like he was nothing—like he didn't even weigh at all.

It happened in a blur, and suddenly Aaron was straddling the man's hip like an infant, one strong arm beneath him and the other bracing his back firmly. As large as Aaron's eyes naturally were, they widened further as he took in the new position, as he felt the sculpted muscles of the hip between his legs, unfortunate proof to the man's overpowering strength.

Aaron knew he needed to stay calm and think clearly, but the position was far too uncomfortable for him to handle. When he lifted his gaze and set it on the man's face up close, all he could see was his slightly stubble-strewn jawline slanting sharply down to the chin. Face young and old, a mind behind it that seemed sane and insane in the most impossible way. Around his mid-thirties maybe.