Chapter 37

Chapter 37:

Daddy let go of Aaron's arm in a sudden thrust. The strong impact had Aaron stumbling back a tiny step.

Aaron watched silently as Daddy, for a fleeting second, stared at his hand like it wasn't his own before finally moving again. The captor looked around him, then walked to a set of chairs thrown in the corner of the room and gripped one, dragging it over and pushing it carelessly against the wall.

"Sit." Daddy flicked his wrist towards it. When Aaron remained stoic in his place, just staring back unsurely, he sighed. "Do I need to teach you how to sit, baby boy?"

Reluctantly, Aaron plopped himself onto it, looking up at the captor with distaste in his eyes.

"Good boy." Daddy patted the top of Aaron's head, letting his hand slip from there and drop onto his shoulder. His fingers trailed along the fabric of the sweater until he felt Aaron wince under his touch, and he knew he'd gotten to the bruise. He purposely gripped his shoulder right there as he grabbed another chair and dragged it over. "Let me bring a chair for me then we'll start talking."

As soon as Daddy felt Aaron try to move, he squeezed his shoulder, pressing harshly into the bruise. A sick smile grazed his lips for a fleeting moment as he heard his baby's pained grunt and felt his fingers grip his wrist, trying to tug it off.

"Oh, sorry, baby. Is that where the bruise is?" Daddy placed the chair directly in front of Aaron. "I didn't mean to, I'm so sorry."

"No, it's fine. You're so sweet," Aaron spat under his breath. Daddy sat in his chair then dragged it even closer to him, trapping his legs in between his strong knees. "Why the hell- can you give me some personal space? I won't disappear, I'm here."

"Look here, Aaron. You better not do anything stupid right now, yeah? Just listen and don't move, because trust me when I say I can break it."

Aaron frowned. "Break what—"

The breath was stolen right from Aaron's lungs as he felt the pain of Daddy's foot stepping on his own; the captor used most of his weight and poured all the force down on it, and Aaron felt like the bones beneath the skin and muscles that throbbed and screamed with pain were about to snap. "What the hell? I didn't even do anything yet!"

Daddy stopped stepping on Aaron's bare foot but kept his own on it, ready to start again if needed. "I can go much worse than that, alright?" Daddy's breath fanned over Aaron's face. Aaron felt the heat of the pluming air as it settled on every inch of his skin, and he held his breath, refusing to inhale any of it. "Now, keep your pretty mouth shut and listen. I've had enough of you messing around. I spoiled you with all the love, Aaron. I spoiled you. We did everything for you; we cared for you and gave you the affection you never had, but then you just act like a spoiled brat and refuse to even appreciate our effort."

Aaron laughed bitterly. "Yeah, great. Except I never asked for it. I never wanted affection from anyone, and I sure as hell don't want it from you."

"I said keep your mouth shut. You're getting on my nerves."

"You've always been on mine, so I guess we're even now."

"Look at my baby boy disrespecting the man that devoted his life just to protect him." Daddy shook his head before looking Aaron straight in the eyes. "Why don't you want to cooperate? Why don't you want us to take care of you? You're my baby boy, and my baby boy has to be good."

"You kidnapped me, for one. That's a crime. You took me away from my home, and you want me to act like a baby when I'm a teenager."

"Your home?" Daddy chuckled. "Now you love your home so much? Now you miss your dad and you want to go back to him? Right."