Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

  Aaron sat obediently on the closed lid of the toilet seat, his teeth chattering as the biting coldness of the concrete nipped at his toes and radiated, making shivers glide up his spine.

"You're gonna ask for a bath everyday, love, I promise. Nothing's better than feeling fresh," Daddy said over his shoulder as he filled the white porcelain tub. Smiling, he turned to his baby and reached forward to pull his sweater off.

Aaron cringed at the thought and squirmed at the touch. He'd begun jerking one shoulder back when Daddy's notorious glare warned him to freeze in place. So he allowed Daddy to undress him, and he was left with nothing but a pull-up on, skin bare and exposed.

Faintly visible steam wafted up the waters in the tub. Daddy turned and dipped a finger for proper evaluation, smiling at the perfected warmth. "Come on, baby."

  Daddy returned to Aaron and reached out to remove the pull-up, but Aaron perched at the edge of the toilet away from him, the revulsed sheen in his eyes wordlessly displaying the disapproval. But the captor ignored him, and instead offered (another) glare that quickly eliminated the need for a verbal threat. Aaron could see the warning woven through the deep brown of his eyes. He knew better than to mess further.

So Aaron reluctantly allowed Daddy to remove it, and the moment it happened, the embarrassment spread fast like fire across his neck and cheeks with splotches of deep red. His throat tightened, chest constricting hard enough to break his ribs.

Daddy had practically seen everything during the pull-up change, but this time was different; he was going to stay exposed for a prolonged period. Aaron carefully assessed Daddy, whose face was still set in a stern yet somehow soft expression, apparently unfazed by the situation. He thankfully wasn't looking at places he wasn't supposed to be looking at—almost like it was normal for him to see Aaron completely undressed. Like it should be between any normal parent and his child.

  And it was normal for Daddy. He wasn't focusing on the fact that his baby was undressed, because it didn't matter. The important thing for him at that moment was that he needed to bathe Aaron, and he really wanted him to enjoy it.

   Soon enough Aaron found himself in the tub right through the perfectly warm waters around him. He'd braced himself for the heat and he'd remained visibly tense until the captor submerged him, but as soon as he'd gotten in two things made it slightly better. Firstly, the water reached up to his mid-back, so his privates were hidden and he naturally felt a little less uncomfortable. Secondly, the water wasn't steaming hot; it was perfectly warm and felt undeniably good against his sore muscles and achy joints.

The warmth was foreign. He'd always showered with cold water.

  Daddy had gone to shuffle through the bathroom cabinet and now came back, a couple of bath toys gathered in his hands: a plastic dolphin, boat, and some other things that Aaron didn't even bother to look at.

Daddy dropped them into the tub, then looked back at his baby, as if expecting him to express some sort of excitement. "You can play with these while I wash your hair, alright, love?"

  Aaron stared with nervous eyes as Daddy filled a small plastic pitcher with the warm water, then turned back to him, gesturing him to tip his head back. Aaron didn't move or comply, just remaining frozen instead with the effect of the discomfort that exploded in his gut. He didn't want that psychopath washing his hair or touching him at all.

"I'm still waiting, baby. Come on," Daddy demanded, a little less patient than he had sounded before. It was the familiar edge in his voice that snapped Aaron out of his trance and reminded him of just how important it was to keep the captors content, especially Daddy.