6. Carter

This chapter is dedicated to @oyeduntan! Thank you for your votes! 

Here's a long chapter for you guys, I hope you like it! 

***

"Had your fun analyzing people?" Charlotte, Levi's wife said to him with her eyebrow raised.

Levi's manner completely changed as he looked at his wife with a sheepish but non-apologetic look on his face. Charlotte sighed.

"Remind me why I married you?" Charlotte said with a straight face.

"Because I'm devilishly handso—" Charlotte put a finger to his mouth, cutting him off and rolled her eyes. "Just eat."

Levi smirked and picked up the apple, but before he could bite into it, his wife slapped his hand resulting in him dropping the fruit.

"Eat food," said Charlotte with a glare.

Levi laughed whole-heartedly, he knew how much his wife hated him eating apples all the time. It started when they were first dating, back in university. Levi didn't really like apples, but since it was all he could manage for a breakfast in a hurry before getting late for his psychology class, he used to eat it every morning.

It was actually in a Psychology class that he had first met Charlotte. It was the only class they shared together, and since he would always just make it in the nick of time, he would have to sit in the first row, where his extremely ambitious future wife would always be sitting.

Levi recalled the first time they had talked, his heart warmed at the memory. It was a normal morning, he was running late for class, as usual, and had grabbed an apple before leaving his dorm. He still hadn't finished it as he stepped into the lecture hall and took his usual seat next to Charlotte.

He had noticed her on several occasions before but always argued with himself that since they were polar opposites, friendship would be difficult let alone anything else. He didn't acknowledge the main reason though, that he didn't have the guts to speak to her. Which he didn't understand since he had no trouble speaking to beautiful women before, in fact, he was considered quite a stud.

Anyway, it was the middle of the lecture, his half-eaten apple forgotten on his desk. When suddenly, Charlotte had surprised him by turning towards him abruptly and given him a lecture on the importance of eating a proper breakfast.

Levi was stunned. Firstly, because he was looking at her up close and was stunned into silence because of how beautiful she was. Secondly, that she was talking to him, or at him, rather. And finally, the audacity the woman had that she was lecturing him on health, in the middle of a lecture. This was his thought process of five seconds before Charlotte swiftly turned around and resumed her notes. Needless to say, he was speechless for a while.

Before traveling further down the memory lane, Levi was bought back to reality when Charlotte all but shoved a bread piece with the dip in his mouth. As he started chewing it, he noticed the table had gotten very silent, with everybody's attention completely on their food.

"Oh my God, this is heavenly," Scarlett moaned as she bit into the bacon and cheese dip, letting her taste buds get used to the appetizer. Her eyes were closed in bliss and only opened when she heard a few chuckles. Had she said that out loud? She didn't care.

The rest of the dinner was uneventful with only munching noises filling the void. It came to an end as dessert was served, freshly baked apple tarts whose smell went up to every nook and cranny of the room.

With the whole room smelling like apple tarts, the lights and the fact that it was snowing outside, Christmas was definitely here.

***