Epilogue

One year later

"I'm so glad we're finally meeting." Anthony smiled warmly at Emma as she took a seat opposite him.

Anthony and Emma were meeting in the same restaurant where they first decided to go on the trip. It had been months after coming back from Switzerland and they both hadn't been in contact with each other, trying to move on with their lives on their own.

It wasn't until the anniversary of Eric and Carter's death started creeping up on them when Anthony had the sudden urge to meet Emma. Just being with her brought back all the memories from one year ago, but it also gave him an odd sense of peace.

"Yeah, me too! I really missed you," Emma said sadly after giving her order to the waiter. "I was extremely busy, you know with inheriting the company and all..."

"Oh yes! I saw it on the news. Congratulations, really happy that you have something to keep busy with," Anthony said as he took a long sip of his hot chocolate and returned Emma's smile.

Their table fell into silence, neither of them knowing what to say.

"How are you dealing with... you know," Emma said as she looked down in her cup and traced the rim with a perfectly manicured finger.

"It's... definitely hard." Anthony scratched the back of his head. "But, I'm doing better than before. I actually went to a psychologist to help me come out of the trauma and depression. But I'm okay now," he said as he smiled at Emma reassuringly.

Emma nodded and then looked up to meet Anthony's eyes. "Let's meet more often okay? I've missed you terribly but couldn't bring myself to call you or reach out to you. I had this weird fear that you wouldn't want to meet," she said as she chewed her bottom lip.

Anthony's hand shot across the table and engulfed Emma's delicate hand in his own. "Are you kidding me? Of course, we will meet and please never hesitate to call me or text. I'll always be there," he said as he rubbed soothing circles at the back of Emma's hand with his thumb.

Emma's heart rate picked up at the action as her eyes fell to their intertwined hands. Anthony noticed and hastily pulled back his hand as he awkwardly cleared his throat.

"I'm looking for a new place. It gets lonely in my apartment and there's just too many memories of Scarlett and Eric there," Emma said, trying to dissipate the awkwardness.

"That's a nice idea actually, a fresh start."

"Yep!" Emma sighed heavily.

"Are you perhaps looking for a housemate?" Anthony asked as he busied himself with picking at the cheesecake he ordered before.

Emma perked up at his words and blinked. "Yes, actually."

"What about me?" Anthony asked, still not meeting her eyes.

Emma's face split into a wide grin as she studied Anthony's features. "Only if you promise to not eat my food all the time."

Their eyes met across the table as they burst out laughing, feeling the tension slipping away.

"I can try not to eat, but no promises," Anthony smirked as he sipped his hot chocolate.

***

"You make the greatest lasagne in the world!" Levi said enthusiastically as he dug into his meal too fast, burning his tongue in the process.

Charlotte laughed as she handed him a chilled drink, then blew on her food before taking a bite.

They were enjoying a quiet Sunday brunch together when the doorbell rang.

"Who is it?" Levi asked, frowning.

"I don't know, nobody ever visits us." Charlotte pursed her lips.

Levi sighed as he wiped his mouth all the while looking longingly at the lasagne that was now half-eaten. "I'll go check."

He opened the door and was shocked to find the mayor and his fleet of bodyguards at his doorstep. He blinked twice before greeting them and making room so they could enter the house.

"I'm in danger. Somebody is threatening to kill me and has already attempted it twice," the Mayor stated flatly, not giving Charlotte and Levi a chance to say or offer anything.

"What?" Charlotte asked incredulously, still not over the fact that the mayor was in her sitting room.

The Mayor looked at her coldly before turning to Levi and motioning his bodyguards to hand over some documents which one of them did promptly.

"I need you to accompany me on a cruise. All of the suspects and important people are going to be there. Make availability, I won't take no for an answer." And with that, just as swiftly as the unexpected visitors had come, they left.

"Okay then..." Charlotte said, "What just happened?"

"Apparently, we're going on a cruise," Levi said slowly as he studied the documents the Mayor gave him. They were detailed profiles of all the guests, the trip itinerary, tickets, and other information.

"Are you ready for another adventure?" Levi smirked at Charlotte.

***

Who's ready for more Levi and Charlotte?! I know I am! 

I hope you all liked the epilogue, I was kind of lost on how to go about it, but I'm glad I wrote it! Hopefully, it takes some sadness off from the last chapter. Please vote if you liked it and enjoyed the book, and do share with others too <3

The book has officially finished, I really hope you all enjoyed it! :")