six

Lan Wangji sat awkwardly in the hotel's bar. The music was so loud he could barely think and dancing people kept bumping into him as they moved around. He closed his eyes, trying to stay calm. How the hell did he even end up in this situation?

"Hey wake up, how can you sleep in a place like this?" Wei Wuxian poked his side.

Lan Wangji opened his eyes again. He could feel a few people staring at them, most likely trying to get Wei Wuxian's attention. "Can we just get something to drink already, I'm tired."

"Fine Mr. Grumpy." Wei Wuxian said and beckoned over the bartender.

"What can I get you guys?" He asked them.

"Some Emperor's Smile and lots of it."

"Coming right up."

A few minutes later he returned with a white bottle and poured them a few shots. Wei Wuxian took one and then handed a glass over to him. Lan Wangji stared down at the liquid silently.

"What are you doing, you're supposed to drink it not seduce it." Wei Wuxian laughed.

"Shut up." Lan Wangji quickly downed the drink and the alcohol burned his throat. He coughed loudly. "God, this is gross."

"Stop being such a baby." Wei Wuxian moved to grab his third shot. "Take another."

He tried to grab another glass but his head was spinning so much, he couldn't even focus. "I-I don't think I can have anymore."

"What? But you only had one shot."

"You drink, it's okay." Lan Wangji tried to stand up but he almost fell backwards. Wei Wuxian caught him in time and gave him a soft smile. "Stop touching me."

"Ow-" Wei Wuxian groaned when he pushed his face away to straighten himself up.

Lan Wangji looked over at the people dancing now, thinking that they looked like they were having a lot of fun. "I wanna dance."

"What-"

He moved towards the dance floor, his body feeling lighter with every step he took. It felt like the room was spinning more than his head. He started dancing, letting the music flow through him. He didn't even notice that people were giving him weird looks.

Lan Wangji stopped when he saw a group of girls surrounding Wei Wuxian now that he was gone. But Wei Wuxian wasn't even looking at them, his eyes were only on him. Lan Wangji's heart stopped and he turned away quickly, setting his gaze on a large bouquet of roses sitting on a table across the room. He made his way towards it and pulled out a single rose.

"Are you planning to give that to someone?" A voice suddenly sounded behind him and he jumped. It was a man. Lan Wangji's vision was so blurry, he could barely make out what he looked like.

"Yes." He slurred.

The man chuckled. "You're cute."

"Cute? I'm not cute."

"Come dance with me" His hand stretched towards him and Lan Wangji stared at it blankly.

"I don't want to." He was about to turn away but the man grabbed his arm hard.

"Oh come on, I just saw you dancing right now. Don't lie to me-"

Lan Wangji slapped his hand away and gave him an icy glare. "I said I don't want to."

The man's face fell in fear and he quickly scrambled away. Wei Wuxian came towards him then and gave a concerned look. "Is everything okay? Did he try to touch you?"

"No, if he did I would've ripped his head off."

He chuckled. "You know, you're really funny when you're drunk. I didn't think you were such a lightweight."

Lan Wangji ignored his comment and thrust the rose at him. "It's for you."

"Wow, um thanks." Wei Wuxian took it slowly.

"What? Do you not like it? Would you have preferred it if those girls gave it to you instead?"

"No, it's more special because it came from you." He smiled softly and placed it behind his ear. "I'll treasure it for a long time."

Lan Wangji could feel his face burning up. He cleared his throat and looked away. "Whatever."

The music slowed down then and the lights became more dim.

"Let's dance to this song and then head back okay?" Wei Wuxian took his hand and pulled him closer suddenly. Lan Wangji's breath caught in his throat when he felt his hand on his waist. They swayed to the music slowly, he could feel his legs growing heavy underneath him. He couldn't tell if it was because of Wei Wuxian or the alcohol. "Why were you asking about those girls anyways? Usually you don't care; are you jealous?"

"Why does it even matter." Lan Wangji muttered.

"Because I'm curious." Wei Wuxian tilted his head at him. "Have you ever even had feelings for someone?"

"Yes." He locked eyes with him. "I have feelings for you."

Wei Wuxian blinked. "What-"

"It was a joke, why aren't you laughing?"

His face turned red. "H-Hey, what kind of joke was that seriously."

"You know, for someone who's dated a lot, you sure get flustered easily."

"Just because I've dated a lot, doesn't mean I've ever been in love."

"Hm." Lan Wangji became limp suddenly, the second wave from the alcohol was hitting him now. His eyes fluttered closed.

"Lan Zhan, you can't fall asleep here." Wei Wuxian's voice sounded distant now. He felt him prop him up and put his arm around his shoulder. It was blurry as they left the bar, he was trying so hard to stay awake. When they reached their room again, Wei Wuxian sat him down carefully at the edge of his bed.

Lan Wangji saw a pen on the dresser and grabbed it, drawing quickly on the wall.

"Yah, what are you doing?" Wei Wuxian tried to stop him but it was too late. He sighed and read what he wrote out loud. "Lan Zhan was here."

"It's a memory now."

Wei Wuxian gave him a fond look, then took the pen slowly. He drew beside him. "Wei Wuxian was here too. Now it's a memory that we shared together."

Lan Wangji lay down slowly. "Thank you."

He looked down at him. "Why are you thanking me?"

"Because you're the first person who isn't my brother, that I've ever had these experiences with." His eyes closed again and he could feel himself drifting off. "Even if they're small or stupid, they still mean a lot to me."

Wei Wuxian didn't say anything else, but Lan Wangji felt him lie down beside him. His warm fingers brushed his cheek slowly. Just a few days ago, he'd wished he had someone by his side to comfort him as he cared for Lan Xichen. It'd been so lonely sleeping in their apartment alone, not knowing if his brother would ever return home again. Having Wei Wuxian beside him in that moment, numbed the pain a little. He was so thankful.

Tears stung his eyes as he moved closer and lay his forehead against Wei Wuxian's chest. The sound of his heartbeat lulled him slowly to sleep.