8

Mangle's POV
Me and Chi enter my house.
"Daddy!" I call, in a sweet voice.
"Yes hon, whats the problem" dad clomps downstairs.
"Chi wants to talk to you about womens rights when their sick" i say sweetly, trying to keep up the illusion.
"No. You are not dating anyone until you get new lungs" my father says sternly.
"But what if i never get new lungs!" I shout.
"Then you'll never be able to date anyone" dad shrugs, and starts heading up the stairs.
I give Chi a warning look but she explodes, "MR. HEARTHE THAT IS STRAIGHT UP CRUEL. IT SEEMS TO ME YOU DONT WANT YOUR DAUGHTER TO FIND LOVE" she screams.
"I found love, we married, then we got a divorce after 3 years because it wasnt working out" Dad explains, "so yes, you are correct"
"Thats because you didnt find your soulmate yet!" I argue.
"I dont believe in that silly love shit" dad laughs.
"GOD MADE US FOR LOVE! IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN IT-" Chi is too angry to continue anymore.
"Mangle, if your friend doesnt stop screaming in my house, youre not allowed friends over" dad says.
I shoot Chi a warning glance before turning back to my father and putting on a sweet smile, "yes daddy" before pulling Chi with me into the gardens.
"I cant believe your father!" Chi says angrily.
"Ha, i have to put up with this everyday" i say, "just because im rich and spoiled doesnt mean i can take advantage of that. My dad is smart" i add.
"How come you called him daddy? You never call him that" Chi says.
"Because a lot of rich kids calls their parents mommy and daddy and it usually works when they need something so i thought i'd try it out" i shrug.
"Im sorry i yelled" Chi says.
Suddenly i leap back four feet, "i just realized how close we were" i say sheepishly.
"Goddamit. I hate this. Please get new lungs!" Chi begs.
"Im sure Mari and Foxy are silently begging that as well" i giggle.
Suddely my phone starts ringing.
"Lemme guess, Foxy?" Chi grins.
"Nope. Marionette" i smirk, shaking my head.
"H'lo?" I say.
"Hey Mang, just wanted to see how you're doing!" Mari says cheerily.
" im fine. Just had an argument with my dad. Chi is over, but overall im fine" i shrug.
"Ok...wanna go get dinner some time?" Mari asks.
I pause.
"What?" Chi asks.
"Mari just asked me out" i gulp.
"What arevyou gonna say?" Chi asks eagerly.
"Um..when?" I say into the phone.
"Like, tomorrow night."
"Lemme check if im free on Wednesday" i say, putting him on hold and bringing up the Calendaer on my phone.
"Yikes. Im completely free on Wednesday!" I gasp.
"You could go on the date and see if something clicks?" Chi suggests.
I nod and whisper, "thanks" while putting the phone to my ear again.
"Mari?"
"Yep?" He replies.
"Im free on Wednesday night. Where are we going?" I ask.
"You pick" he says.
Images of Chicken fingers and gravy and fries enter my mind, then a nice, juicy rib with cornbread, then seafood.
"Lets go to Montanna's" i grin, saliva falling from my mouth at the thought of ribs and cornbread.
"Great! Pick you up at 7?"
"Yep, sure. One problem, im gonna have to lie to my dad, saying that we are going to study, because i cant date anyone till i get new lungs" i frown.
"Breaking the rules now, are you?" Mari chuckles.
"Yep. Anyways, i gotta go. See you tomorrow"
"Cya" we end call.
"Ive got a date" i sigh.

Time skip to tomorrow morning
Foxy's POV
I wake up and shower. Suddenly my phone buzzes and i step out of the shower, drying my hair.
Mari: i need to tell you something....i dont think youre gonna like it.

I park at the school, and Mari rushes up to me as i get out of the car.
"What is it?" I ask.
"You might wanna sit down for this" Mari says sheepishly, showing us to a bench, and we both sit down.
"Ok what" i say sharply.
"Weeeelllll....Mangle kind of agreed to go on a date with me yesterday" Mari flinches.
"WHAT?! When" i say.
"Tomorrow night at 7" Mari squeaks.
"You realize that she..oh right, you knew before me" i say flatly, refferring to the CF.
"Hey guys" Mangle says, walking up to us.
"Hey Mang" we reply at the exact same time.
"Whatcha talking about?" She asks.
"Nothing" Mari lies.
There's something different about Mangle... the usuall glow to her eyes is gone, her voice is flat, she has bags under her eyes, and she doesnt have that bounce to her walk anymore.
"Whats wrong, Mang?" I ask.
"Nothing" Mangle says, sighing.
I give her a concerned, knowing look, "really?"
She shakes her head, "i stayed up late last night, studying. And im dead inside, thats all" Mangle says, trying a smile.
I roll my eyes, "if you say so".