04

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

Jung Jaehyun's POV

I excuse myself from my uncle's office once I feel my phone vibrate. Pulling out my phone from my pocket, my eyes widen in shock and I furrow my eyebrows as I read the text from Eunji. 'I need your help - Apartment 26.' Immediately sensing the urgency, I grab my keys and my jacket before speeding off on my motorcycle.

Running up the stairs towards Eunji's apartment, I accidentally bump into someone. But I was so focused on reaching Eunji that I didn't even think of apologising. Out of breath, I finally reach her apartment.

Just as I was about to knock, I noticed the door was slightly ajar. I enter cautiously. After searching the entire apartment, seeing no one there, I call Eunji's name.

I immediately hear shuffling, before a terrified Eunji appears from her room. I rush towards her, trying to see if she had any obvious signs of injury. She continues walking towards me before wrapping her arms around me. I stood still for a moment, but once I heard her quiet sobs, I returned the hug. She must be so scared.

"What happened?" I ask softly, afraid to upset her more.

Eunji sniffles, wiping away the tears that fell. Clearing her throat, she answered: "I-I just got home, as I was getting changed I heard my front door close. I didn't know what else to do, so I hid. They were also talking to someone on the phone, but I couldn't make out what they were saying...just as they were about to open the cupboard doors, they suddenly left. It can't be that guy from the store, right?"

"It's a possibility. God, I'm so sorry Eunji...I didn't mean to involve you in this." Eunji continues to stare at the ground, probably trying to process everything that had happened. She can't stay here. If they come back and find her, they'd probably hurt her.  "Go and pack a bag, enough for a few days. You can't stay here."

"Does that mean they'll come back? Why?"

"It's a possibility - since they didn't find you this time," I say nonchalantly, but, I soon notice Eunji tensing up at my words. "Hey, look at me - it's fine. I won't let them hurt you." Adding a reassuring smile, Eunji begins packing. We swiftly leave, heading towards my apartment.

∘✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾

Park Eunji's POV

We'd finally arrived at a tall building, it seemed expensive and I was so scared to touch anything - most stuff in the lobby was probably worth more than me! I silently follow Jaehyun into the lift, watching the numbers go up as we pass each floor.

When it reached the 10th floor, we stepped off the lift and continued walking down a long hallway. The air was filled with a tense silence, and I really didn't like it.

"I thought you lived with your uncle, in that big house," I say, curiously.

Jaehyun smirks, continuing to walk. "No, I have my own place. Let's just say my uncle and I can only tolerate each other in small doses."

"Oh..." I reply. We soon reach his apartment, as he opens the door - gesturing for me to enter.

"I know this isn't the most comfortable situation, but it's the safest. I promise I won't do anything" Jaehyun says, laughing.

I giggled nervously at his statement, but I was immediately fixated by the luxurious and modern interior. Each piece of furniture was placed perfectly, creating a light and sleek effect. The light cascaded through the large windows, highlighting every part of the room. I stood staring at the room in awe.

Jaehyun must have noticed my shocked expression, as he nudged me while chuckling slightly. I quickly snap out of my thoughts and follow him as he leads me to my room.

"Beer?" Jaehyun asks quietly, pausing the show. I nod as I pick up my phone, checking my messages.

Sohee
where are you?? did you forget we were meant to meet after my class or smth??
2:18

Eunji
sorry lol,, smth came up

Sohee
you hoe, i was starting to get worried,, what the hell happened??

Eunji
dw ab it,, smth to do w work - can you just send me your part of the project instead,, ill finish it
11:37

Placing the beer in front of me Jaehyun sits back down while I grab my laptop. I take a seat on the floor, leaning on the the sofa.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask, waiting for my laptop to turn on.

Jaehyun turns his head in my direction, nodding and giving me a small smile.

"Why are you being so nice to me?? Nice isn't the right word, but like why are you helping me?"

He looks down, his smile slowly shrinking. "I had a younger brother, he was too young to be involved in my family's 'business'. But one of those people, like the one from the store, found out about him. They killed him, as a warning to me."

╚═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╝

the next parts probably gonna start a bit depressing lol sorry😂
anyway,, ive has exams all this week (still got some to do) and honestly i don't ever wanna see an exam paper again after todaycjsnnd so that's why i haven't been so active,,

but ty for reading, i rlly appreciate it!! have a nice day💞🥺