07

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

Narrators POV

Confusion washed over Eunji as she watched the sight before her: a large group of men. Some were rushing around like small children, others were yelling at each other and the rest were just relaxing on the couch on their phones. Eunji was absolutely aware that they weren't a threat, but she was completely dumbfounded.

Jaehyun's reaction, however, was very different. He struts in, an evident feeling of annoyance displayed through his features. One by one he gets each person to stop what they're doing, and to assemble on the couch. 'This almost seems like a talent' thought Eunji.

Eunji was so fixated on trying to figure out the scene, that she failed to acknowledge Mark standing beside her. When he eventually spoke, it caused her to jump.

"Jaehyun might trust you, but I don't. If you ever even think about telling anyone about any of them," Mark points towards the group of men, who were seated silently while being lectured by Jaehyun. "I will hurt you."

Eunji turns her head towards Mark, chills racing through her body. She gulps, talking in a gentle but scared tone. "Mark, I swear. I have no intentions of hurting any of you. You don't need to feel threatened."

Eunji receives no response, only a loud scoff before Mark walks towards the group. Jaehyun looks up towards Eunji with a welcoming smile, signaling for her to come over.

Eunji drags her feet awkwardly, keeping her head down in order to avoid any eye contact. She stands next to Jaehyun, waiting for him to say something.

"So Eunji, I'm sorry that that had to be your first impression. These are the people I'm in charge of and, unfortunately, are my friends." Jaehyun rolls his eyes playfully, predicting the outraged reaction he got from some members.

As everyone introduced themselves individually, Eunji tried her best to remember everyone's names. It didn't take long for the whole group to continue whatever they had been doing when Jaehyun and Eunji had first arrived, despite Jaehyun's previous lecture. Eunji had escaped to the kitchen after being quizzed about her relationship with Jaehyun by the younger members of the group. As she shuffles in, she sees Jaehyun and Mark talking. To be more precise, it looked as if it was an argument. However, as soon as Eunji walked in they stopped talking, Mark stormed out of the kitchen.

"I'm sorry if I've caused any trouble between you and Mark," Eunji mumbles, noticing Jaehyun's distressed expression. Jaehyun sighs, massaging his temples. He shakes his head, stepping towards Eunji.

"Don't worry about it, he's just a cautious person. Once he's gotten to know you I'm sure he'll stop being so uneasy."

"Yea, I don't know I just feel bad that I'm annoying him so much."

"You're not annoying - honestly Eunji, it's fine," Jaehyun pauses, an uncomfortable silence lingering in the air. Clearing his throat, Jaehyun continues. "Is there anything you wanted?"

Eunji lightly laughs, remembering the 'interrogation'. "Chenle and Jaemin were being persistent with their questions. I escaped as soon as I saw my opportunity. Is there anything you need help with here?"

Jaehyun pauses, pondering. "I was only about to order some food."

Eunji nods, smiling. "That's fine, I'll just try to sneak into my room without being noticed." She spins around, heading towards her room.

Relief washes over Eunji as she eventually reaches her room, shutting her door softly. Pondering for a few moments, she decides to call Sohee. However, she doesn't answer. Eunji tries once more, only to have a breathless Sohee answer.