10

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

Eunji's POV

"Sohee is a member..."

Sohee is a part of a gang. A gang that not only tried to kill Jaehyun but also tried to kill me.

Sohee is a member.

The Sohee that helped me after Jisung's accident. The Sohee that was there for every bad day. The Sohee that made me feel part of a family.

That Sohee is a member.

This isn't true. It can't be true. I won't let it be true. But what if it's true?

Swiftly standing, I turn towards Jaehyun's direction while avoiding eye contact. I could feel his concerned gaze following my every move.

"I have to go..." I mutter, heading towards the door.

However, I could hear Jaehyun's heavy and strained breathing as he tried to follow me. Despite my determination to find out the truth, he quickly fell onto me - his wounds becoming unbearable. I try my best to hold up the heavy figure as I helped him back to the couch.

"Don't follow me." I order in a bothered tone.

"Don't go then."

"I have to go. I won't believe it until I hear it directly from her." Jaehyun grabs my hand as I attempt to leave one again.

"I understand why you want to ask her yourself but think it through. Would she even tell you the truth?" he looks up at me, knowing I knew he was right.

I drop onto the couch, leaning forward as I stared at the ground. Quietly and anxiously, I speak: "How do you know it was her?"

"Sohee and another one of their member did this to me. It was definitely her."

I scoff, trying my best to contain the tears that began to surface. "I'm such an idiot. She's been acting strange lately, but I never even thought it was because of this. I am so naive."

"I'm sor-" Jaehyun begins, as I instantly lift my head up. I shake my head - this was the one thing I didn't want to hear. Yes, I didn't like what he was telling me, but at least what he was saying was the truth.

"I still want to talk to her."

Jaehyun simply replies with a perplexed expression. The air fills with a stiff silence. Truth be told, not even I knew why I still wanted to talk to her, but I knew I had to. After a few minutes, Jaehyun finally replies: "Fine, but I'm going with you."

✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾

Walking into the café, my nerves quickly became overwhelming. A sickening feeling grew as we walked closer to the table. Sohee had her back faced away from the entrance, meaning she had yet to notice Jaehyun's presence. As I came into Sohee's view a smile spread across her face. A smile I knew was fake.

Sohee's gaze slowly moves towards Jaehyun. Almost immediately, her smile disappears, as well as her friendly demeanor. It was as if the Sohee I knew never even existed.