14

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗
Eunji's POV

"I-I'm sorry" I mutter, my gaze glued to the floor.

"Follow me." Jaehyun orders, a hurt tone laced with his words. What is going on?

Silently and awkwardly, I follow Jaehyun down the hallway. The silence was killing me - what was he going to do?

Jaehyun suddenly stops in front of his room, shoving the doors open and gesturing for me to walk in. He picks up a book, a heavy sigh escaping.

"Here."

Shoving the book into my hands, it takes me a few seconds to realise what he'd just handed me. The black book with gold lettering. The one thing that could save Jisung and I. But why would he just hand it to me?

As I move to open the book, I feel my wrist being grabbed. Jaehyun stares at me, a dead expression on his face.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." he warns, releasing my wrist.

"Why are yo-" I mutter, unsure if he'd answer - only for him to silently leave the room.

What the hell?

✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾

Soon after I had done what they wanted, I received a message with instructions. Instructions which had led me to an old, rundown and sketchy abandoned building in the city.

I felt nervous. Not only because this could easily be a dangerous situation, but because they wanted this book for a reason. Likely a reason that would lead to them being able to hurt Jaehyun. The only reason I was here? I knew Jaehyun wasn't an idiot.

My thoughts were immediately shoved aside as a thin figure comes into focus, the clicking of their heels filling the room. I quickly notice multiple figures stood behind her, but remaining at a distance.

My body immediately becomes weak as soon as the person's face comes into focus. Why?

In the blink of an eye the scene around me quickly changes. Shouting, loud bangs and shuddering thuds of bodies fills the air.

I immediately feel my arm being yanked and my movement being restricted. It was only once I felt the cold metal brush against my ear and being pressed against my head that I realised what was happening.

Everything else starts making sense once I see Jaehyun standing in front of the woman and I, his gun pointed towards us. Mark soon joined Jaehyun as the commotion began to calm down.

"Let her go!" shouts Jaehyun, a wave of strong emotions laced in his words.

"You want her back? Then give me the book and let me go." Ms.Kim immediately replies.

I studied Jaehyun's face, trying to figure out his thoughts. Complete silence - he was actually considering it.

I'm going to choose him this time.

Kicking Ms.Kim in the shin, my immediate instinct was to grab the gun.

Bang! Bang!
✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾