eleven

heheheh the chapter name

-

"Mike," Eleven said coldly.

"What are you doing here?" Mike asked.

"I came here because you weren't home. Used powers to find you," she said.

"But why?" Mike asked.

"Talk," she said.

"Can we do this somewhere else?" Mike asked. Eleven nodded as the two walked side by side down the street.

They found a park nearby and sat on a bench near the playground.

"Speak," she said, crossing her arms.

"I want... to break up," Mike said.

"Break what up?" El asked, confused.

"Us," Mike said.

"Are you... dumping my ass?" El asked angrily.

"I wouldn't say that. But yeah, I guess," Mike said awkwardly. Eleven looked down in defeat.

"Wow," she said quietly.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't want it to end like this. But, I never see you and it's hard to maintain a long distance relationship," Mike explained. El looked at him for a second before leaning in and kissing him.

He pulled away quickly and looked at her with disgust.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Mike. I... I love you," she said quietly. He sighed.

"You don't understand. I don't love you... anymore. Feelings fade. It's normal," he said. El started to cry.

"No! You're supposed to be with me! Not that stupid thing," she said.

"Hey! (Y/n) is not stupid! And she's not a thing! What's wrong with you?" Mike yelled.

"You're mine, not hers! She will pay," El growled. She got up and stomped away towards Max's house.

Mike groaned as he got up and walked back to his house. He knew that this would cause a lot of drama in his friend group, but he didn't care. He was finally with (Y/n). The guilt was finally melting away.

He walked to the side of his house and climbed up onto his roof, climbing into his window. Will was sitting on his bed.

"Hey," Mike said nonchalantly.

"My god! You scared the shit out of me!" Will yelled, jumping up.

"Sorry," Mike said, sitting on the bed.

"So, where'd you go?" Will asked.

"Well, I did a couple things today. I went to (Y/n)'s house and made up with her. Then on the way home I ran into El and broke up with her," Mike said casually.

"You broke up with El?" Will asked.

"Yep. Was that not what I was supposed to do?" Mike asked.

"No, it was the right thing. I'm just... wow. It's the end of an era," Will said sadly.

"Yeah, I know. It sucks. But it's for the best. I never saw her," Mike said with a shrug. Will nodded and picked up the comic book he was reading.

-

(Y/n) arrived early to the arcade. She walked inside and waited by the counter, looking around at the people around her.

The arcade wasn't very busy. It was Black Friday, after all. The only other people in there were teenagers and some younger kids.

"Hey," (Y/n) heard. She looked to her left to see a boy about her age wearing a striped yellow and red polo.

"Uh, hi. Do I know you?" She asked.

"Nope. But I know you. I'm Will," the boy said, sticking out his hand.

"(Y/n). Aren't you Mike's friend?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm just visiting. I'll be here until Sunday," Will explained. She nodded in response, smoothing out her skirt.

For her date, (Y/n) decided to wear a black pleated skirt with a long sleeve (f/c) and black shirt. She also wore knee-high black socks and black boots, topping it all off with a simple silver chain around her neck.

"Where do you live?" (Y/n) asked, glancing back at the clock. It was almost seven.

"Maine. I moved away about a year ago," Will said.

"Oh, cool. I've lived here all my life. But I went away when I was thirteen. I'm back now," she said vaguely.

"Where'd you go?" Will asked. Suddenly, Mike walked in and walked over with a smile.

"Hi," Mike said to (Y/n). His gaze went from her to Will.

"Hey Mike," Will said.

"Uh, hey Will. What are you doing here?" Mike asked, trying not to sound rude.

"Waiting for El," Will said casually. Mike and (Y/n) shared a scared look before Mike grabbed onto her hand.

"Oh, uh, we'll see you later then!" Mike said. (Y/n) looked confused as he dragged her out of the arcade and down the street.

"Mike!" She called, pulling away from him and stopping.

"What?" Mike asked. She sighed and looked at him. He was shivering and his cheeks were rosy.

"Do you want to go back to my house? You seem cold," she asked.

"Me? Cold? Never," Mike said. She laughed and grabbed onto his hand.

"Come on. It shouldn't take long," she said. They walked all the way back to (Y/n)'s house, hand in hand. Mike was wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts, not realizing how cold it was outside.

While (Y/n) was wearing a skirt, she spent enough time in the arcade to warm herself up.

Mike and (Y/n) walked into her house and straight up to her room. Steve was at work and Troy was out doing whatever. She didn't care what Troy was doing.

"I like your room," Mike said, looking around and studying her posters.

"Oh, uh, thanks. When I got back from boarding school, Steve took me to the mall to revamp my room," she said, walking over to her cassette shelf.

She picked up a Wham! cassette and placed it in her stereo. Mike awkwardly tapped his foot to the music, blushing.

(Y/n) sat next to Mike on her bed, interlacing her fingers with his. He smiled and looked down at their hands.

Quickly, the date began to heat up. Eventually, (Y/n)'s back was pressed against the wall and her hands were tangled in his hair.

Then, things escalated a bit more. Well, kind of.