Merman X hunter reader

You growl and slam the whisky bottle you were drinking out of on the table, then stand up and start pacing. It has been three years since you had found a mythical beast. Due to the lack of 'merchandise' you have lost all means on income. What bothers you the most though is that your crew is starving, time after time you have tried to get them to leave, but they always respond with "you raised us as lost pups, now you have to deal with loyal dogs" you sigh and sit down in the old bed you have used for the past few years. Right as you get comfortable you hear one of your crew shout, "boss, there's a beast in the net!" As soon as you hear this you spring of the old bead and run out to the deck of the ship. You see your crew fighting with the old net in the side of the ship, and run out there to help them. Together you all manage to get the thing in the net on the ship. What you see shocks you, it's a male about your age with a crown, light blue hair, a shiny green fish tail, and a small knife. "Let me go you slimy, bile smelling, power hungry, stupid pirates." He screams. You smirk and kick the knife out of his hand. Grabbing his chin so his eyes meet your own you smile and whisper aggressively in his ear. "Say anything like that again and I will skin you here, and hang your pelt in my room." He immediately starts to shake out of fear, but stops speaking. "Get this thing in a tank boys, if he's injured that's just money we're losing!" Your crew responds enthusiastically to you demand, you smile as you watch them playfully shove each other and laugh as the set off to do the task.  As you watch them you hear the males voice "Please let me go, I need to get back home" you don't respond to him, you hate having to do this but you must. Since you did not answer his first question he asksyou another. "What are you going to do to me" you sigh, he's persistent and won't shut up till you answer him. "I'm going to sell you, and the people I sell you to will either skin you, put you in a zoo, or make you their personal 'exotic' pet" this seems to frighten him  even more because he curls up and whimpers quietly. Before anything else can be said you crew comes back. "We set the tank up in your room boss, do you want us to go put the beast in the tank?" You nod your head yes, and they grab the male and take him away. You sigh and look out on the ocean, it will be a month and a half before you can get to the trading post.

*one month time skip*

You are almost at the trading post and it's making you anxious. Over the past month you've become attached to the merman, and now you don't want to sell him. After a long time of thinking you decided to send a letter telling your buyer that this deal, and all future ones are canceled. Once the letter is sent you announce it to your crew and they agree. You have now decided to live as fishermen. You happily walk back to your room "Why are you back again!"  the merman snarls at you. You do not answer. This was going to be harder than you thought. While he was still yelling you throw a small pill into his tank. "No no no no no, what did you put in my tank, I'm going to die aren't I?!" He mindlessly panics for a while before the pill kicks in and he falls into a sedated state. You push the large tank out to the edge of the ship and stand there for a moment to look at the moon. You know the pill you gave him only paralyzes his body and not his mind, so you try to apologize, but when you do all the pent emotions from everything comes crashing down on you. You start to sob as you apologize, your crying only gets worse as you recount all the other creatures you have captured. Eventually you stop crying and put another pill in his tank, this one unfreezes him, but before he has a chance to say anything you gently tip his tank and he falls back into the ocean. You then walk back to your room and fall asleep on your bed.

*Two week time skip*

Over the past two weeks you have felt more and more guilt about all you past deeds. It's gotten so bad your crew can't even get you to come out of room, so you lay in the bed all day feeling horrible for all of your past. As you lay there your door get kicked in by one of your crew. "Come on boss, the whole ships on fire, we got to go!" You jump up and run with him as soon as you hear this information. You manage to get to the deck, but the floor caves in. "Boss!?" You crew yell out in fear. "Go on, I'll be fine, but keep going, that's a order!" You yell out. They seem hesitant, but do as you say when the floor caves in more. You hiss/growl when a price of timber falls on your leg. It's Impossible to break free, and the smoke is making you weak. You gently pull some paper and a pen out of your pocket and write an apology to you crew,then stuff it in a old whiskey bottle and throw it in the ocean. The ship gives way to the fire, you and all the burning timber fall into the ocean.

Vote!!! Like!!! Comment!!!
(There will be a part two so don't worry, 995 words)