Part 2

"Hey!"

A man ran towards them.

Bobby stopped dead still on the steps, still holding his little brother, while Jessica whirled around, a fire in her eyes. She didn't know this man. She had a feeling the Mercers didn't either. And he had something behind his back. Something that looked like a...

Gun!

Without missing a beat, Jessica stooped down, retrieved a bloody gun from the snow, and as the man was nearing them, she aimed and pulled the trigger in one swift motion. The man fell dead.

"Are you sure she isn't your long-lost-sister?" Jeremiah whispered to Bobby.

Bobby turned to him, annoyed. "Shut the fuck up and let's get Jack inside."

Angel stayed and watched as the girl inspected the dead man's body. "Yep, another one of Myers'." she said, pulling the man's hand up. Carved newly into the palm of his hand was an M.

"Wait, I thought these jokers worked for Victor Sweet. Who's Myers?" Angel asked Jessica.

She didn't reply, but instead brushed past him and stalked into the house uninvited. Bobby and Jeremiah had, by then, propped Jack up on the couch, and covered him with a blanket.

"Is he going to be okay, or not?" Bobby asked gruffly.

"He should be." Jessica said. She slid herself to the floor, leaning against the couch, out of view of the windows.

"Why did you even try to help him?" Bobby asked, a little calmer now. Jessica took a deep breath.

"I have a crush on him." Jeremiah laughed.

"He's gay, sweetheart. You don't have a chance."

However, Jessica looked at him quizzically. "He never told you guys? You're his brothers, I just assumed -"

Angel leaned forward now. "Told us what?"

Jessica sighed. "I thought you would have known. He's not gay, he's bisexual. He was, like, the biggest playboy in our school, with boys and girls."

Bobby fell back in his chair. "Well...I sort of knew that."

Angel punched him on the shoulder. "And you didn't tell us?"

Bobby shrugged, and Jeremiah sighed. "Man, we have issues."

At that moment, Jack stirred, and all heads turned to look at him. Jessica got up, and tossed Bobby a bottle of apirin which had also been in her medicine bag.

"I'm going. Give him some of these, don't let him get up, and keep him warm."

"Wait, you're going?" Jeremiah asked.

"Yeah." Jessica said, already at the door. "I don't really want to talk to him."

Bobby walked to the door as well. "Why not?" Jessica sighed.

"I might come over again sometime, but I just saved him. Now...I want to forget."

She walked out of the door, and got into her car, which hadn't been there before. Before the car pulled away, Bobby realized this and got a glimpse inside; there was someone with her.

***

She got to her apartment block, and the person in the car got out as well.

"Did you do it?" the man asked in a gruff voice.

"Yes." she replied, visibly shaken.