Part 6

Bobby walked into the house, slamming the door loudly behind him. Jack was sitting up on the couch, and he jumped as Bobby walked in, still towing Jessica by the arm.

"What do you want?"

Bobby sat down on the couch next to Jack. "Listen up, fairy. Jessica spilled her story and yours. Why the fuck would you lie to me?" he demanded. Jack's face paled. "I didn't want to tell you." he said simply. Jessica, who was standing tearfully in the doorway, made a run for the back door. "No fuckin way!" Bobby cried. "Angel, grab her!" Angel intercepted Jessica 6 feet from the door, and wrestled her back into the living room.

All of a sudden, Sofie walked in. She took in the scene for a moment, and then started screaming.

"I don't want any part of your schemes! Let her go! You'll end up getting hurt again! Stop doing this!" she shrilly screamed, speaking half in Spanish. "Hold her, Bobby!" Angel said, relinquishing his hold on Jessica. Bobby took hold of Jessica, while Angel grabbed Sofie and led her upstairs.

"You're not going anywhere, sweetheart." Bobby whispered to her.

Her struggles ceased after a moment. She looked at Jack. "Ok." she said, so softly that Bobby had to lean forward to hear her. He let her go, and she collapsed into an armchair. Bobby turned now to face Jack, then turned around to face Jessica again.

"No bullshit. You two need to talk."

Everyone was quiet for a moment, but Jessica broke the silence first. "Why would you do that to me?" she asked Jack. He shook his head, refusing to talk. Jessica stood up, agitated. "I didn't listen to my dad! I wanted you instead! But you betrayed me! I told you everything!" Jack looked at the windows, down at his feet, and at the ceiling, anywhere but her. Exhausted and sad, she walked towards the door again.

No one stopped her.

"I told you everything! And I'll bet my dad will be furious! Maybe he'll kill me! Well, I don't care anymore!" she shouted, tears running down her face. She walked out the door, slamming it enough to make the living room tremble. Out the window, Bobby could see her getting into The General's car. He turned on Jack. "What was your fucking problem?" he asked. Jack shrugged.

"Leave me alone."

He got off the couch, stumbled to the wall for balance, and made his way slowly and painfully up to his room. Bobby sat there on the couch for a long, long moment. "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this." he muttered to himself.

"Here we go again." Angel mumbled under his breath.