Jessica's Story

"I was born in a small town not an hour away from here. My mother died a few years after I was born. My father was drunk all the time, and I was left most of the time to roam the streets. A few people were my friends, but most of them usually couldn't be bothered my me. So I ran away."

Jessica paused for a moment.

"But the General kept finding me. He saw that I was useful, and so he kept tabs on me, in case I could be of use. I signed myself up for high school here, in Detroit. Then, I met Jack." Bobby leaned forward, listening closely now. "He was different. He seemed like he could help me. We went out. He cheated on me sometimes, but I always went back to him." Jessica stopped again and sighed. "I should have known, I should have stopped then, but I didn't. A few weeks went by. I thought, maybe, my life would be better here. I thought, maybe The General wouldn't find me, and I could live my life normally. Then, Jack betrayed me. He met me at a bar one day, telling me he wanted me to meet with someone...with my dad. I'll never forget that day. He stood there next to The General, smiling, and I knew, he was being cruel. I told my life to him, and he took it from me!"

Jessica stopped and sat back, reminiscing, her eyes glassy. Bobby took it all in.

"So, Jack did this?" He finally asked. Jessica looked up. "Damn right he did!" she yelled. "I gave him my life! You don't know how that feels!" she said. Bobby took her arm.

"We need to have a talk with the little fairy." he growled.

Bobby walked into his house, slamming the door loudly behind him. Jack was sitting up on the couch, and he jumped as Bobby walked in, still towing Jessica by the arm.

"What do you want?" he asked.

Bobby sat down on the couch next to Jack. "Listen up, fairy. Jessica spilled her story and yours. why would you lie to me?" he demanded. Jack's face paled.

"I didn't want to tell you." he said simply. Jessica. who was standing in the doorway, made a run for the back door.

"No f***in' way!" Bobby cried. "Angel, grab her!"

Angel intercepted Jessica 6 feet from the door, and wrestled her back into the living room. All of a sudden, Sofi walked in. She took in the scene for a moment, and then started screaming.

"I don't want any part of your schemes! Let her go! You'll end up getting hurt again! Stop doing this!" she shrilly screamed in Spanish.

"Hold her, Bobby!" Angel said, relinquishing his hold on Jessica. Bobby took hold of Jesica, while Angel grabbed Sofi and led her upstairs.

"You're not going anywhere, sweetheart." Bobby whispered to her. Her struggled ceased.

"Ok." she said, so softly that Bobby had to lean forward to hear her. He let her go, and she collapsed into an armchair. Bobby turned to face first Jack, then Jessica.

"No bullshit. You two need to talk."

Everyone was quiet for a moment. Jessica broke the silence first. "Why would you do that to me?" she asked Jack. He shook his head, refusing to talk. Jessica stood up.

"I didn't listen to my dad! I wanted you instead! But you betrayed me! I told you everything!" she walked toward the door again. No one stopped her.

"I told you everything! And I'll bet my dad will be furious! Maybe he'll kill me! Well, I don't care anymore!" she shouted, tears running down her face. She walked out of the door, slamming it. Out of the window, Bobby could see her getting into The General's car. He turned on Jack.

"What was your fucking problem?" he asked. Jack shrugged.

"Leave me alone." he mumbled. He got off the couch, stumbled to the wall for balance, and made his way up to his room. Bobby sat there on the couch.

"I'm gonna get to the bottom of this." he muttered to himself.