The summer of 1960

Dear journal ,
I Am 15 now  today is my birthday I haven't seen the day of light in 10 years and the master said today we would go out for today.
Although my hair is ratty, I am sure he will let me wash my hair today at least I hope.
The master is strict but fair I suppose.
When I was younger I tried to get out of here but every time I tried, I always failed. I have given up at thus point, but today I might get my chance !

The room goes cold, she Jumps all the sudden a click the door turns I shove my journal under a small blanket in the cellar.
The man stairs at me
Ohh , what are you dong pretty girl ?
His breath so close to my face his fingers run down my face gripping my cheeks
The man shakes her head viciously.
"Get READY" he says,
The man spits on the floor like a pig, well he is a pig I thought for a moment.
The man shuffled around the room looking highly upset.
He kicks the floor, and darting towards Charlotte his boot kicks into my chest, hearing a crack ripple through my chest. but this is nothing new.
"Get up you filthy child" barking at me
I do as he says,
I look at him with my head down may I shower today?
The man thinks for a second I can see his brain is debating answering my question
He finally responds in a not so pleased voice.
"Yes I suppose you can, now GO".
I walk quietly to the shower I run the water
As she runs the water, she pulls off her rags and steps in the shower, the hot water running down her face freeing her just for a few moments.
Getting out of the shower was always a let down Because I would go back to the cellar.

As a child I hated showers but since I've been here I've grown to appreciate them.
But today isn't just like any other day I tell myself,
A smile peaks across charlottes face .
Putting on her clothes in spite of everything I've been through today I'm gonna have a good day!
I hear a pear of boots clicking to the door, i expect it to be the man who always takes care of me but when I open the door shocked .I was standing in-front of a boy he looked to be about 17 .

In a genital Voice he says "master sent me to come get you we're going on the town for your birthday".