ix. satellites

IX. SATELLITES

- KEVIN GATES

[AN: sorry for the wait :/]

Candie had the music blasting and her ass shaking this way and that making all of us hype her up, take out our phone and video her, as well as line up the shots. We were pregaming for the party that was happening in an hour.

OOTN:

I didn't feel like a full beat so I shaped my brows, put my lashes on, and sprayed my face with a light mist to give it a dewy glow. Candie did her, Nyemah, and Alicia's make up while Ciara wore none at all but still somehow managed to look like a black Barbie regardless.

We took about a million and one pics before we all just grabbed our bags filled with Mace, gum, perfume, and a small pocket knife, the ultimate girl safety kit. Finally we left Monse's and headed down the block to the party passing by the Santo headquarters with Oscar sitting out front and a girl on his lap. I didn't care but my girls were going crazy blowing kisses to the guys and strutting like they owned the street.

"Oscar looked pissed you didn't look his way, sis. Damn he so fine!", Candie squealed once we finished walking past the Santos.

I rolled my eyes and we finally made it to the party where everyone was filling the yard, music blasted loudly, and the air was filled with weed aroma.

My favorite scent next to my Chanel No. 5. I was ready to get back to my center. Partying just let me forget for the moment what was really weighing on my shoulders.

"Imma get the cups. Ciara, no couch! I think she need to get piped down tonight," Nyemah's loud ass got everybody in gear.

I found the table with all the snacks and bottles. Shantel was standing by the DJ booth with her boo, Stephen, and I had to admit that they made a very cute couple. I grabbed some bottles of Modelo as Nyemah started mixing us some Cranberry, Vodka, & Sprite in the cups.

"California knows how to party!!!!", Candie shouted as she found her place amongst the crowd of bodies dancing.

I smiled widely as my friends were genuinely enjoying themselves in my new hood.

"You look nice as always," a familiar voice spoke next to me and I turned to see Paul dressed in the clothes similar to the cholos.

I gave him a hug and thanked him for the compliment.

"Your girls seem comfortable."

"They are. This is Candie's scene and those other three are handfuls. Help me watch out for all of them, please?"

"Sure. Y'all kicked our asses today but I wouldn't have it any other way."

I rolled my eyes at the sweet comment before taking a sip of my Modelo. The white boy was cute but he couldn't handle all this and my baggage that came along with me.

Later on as the party winded down, I found myself outside near the fire pit just watching the flames jump. My friends were passed out on the couch and I was letting them get in their rest before I took them home.

"Hey sexy girl, what you doing out here by yourself?", Another familiar voice.

I scoffed at the approach.

"Minding my business."

"Ouch! Why you gotta be so mean?"

"Why you gotta say stupid shit? I don't know bout you but that don't excite me. I ain't your cholas ready to hop all on your dick just to be seen."

"That's why I like you. You're different," Oscar added and I finally looked over to him.

He looked like he was in deep thought maybe regretting telling me the truth but it was the first real and sweet thing he ever told me. I knew bad guys had good hearts deep down but I thought it would be hella hard to get a cholo to admit his truths.

"I like you too. But you don't need someone like me."

"Someone like you? What you jacking up babies and stealing candy from kids?", He joked.

I giggled.

"I'm lost and clearly not looking to be found," I admitted my own truth.

A throat cleared and I glanced up to see Paul gesturing to inside the house with his head.

I had to go take care of my friends.

"See you later, Oscar."

"Soon, mi reina."