Dungeon

A few hours later, Kevin was imprisoned into a dungeon. It was dark, hard, unpleasant, and cold for Kevin, who was still struggling with his amnesia. He couldn't even remember his own name. Odorf walked in and said, "I apologize for the King's unwarranted hostility. He is many things, including paranoid. Doth thou remember anything?"

"You're very kind, Odorf is it?" Kevin asked, "but I can't even remember my own name. But do you know what year it is?" Odorf nodded and said, "the year is thirteen hundred and thirteen. You are in England." Patience walked in and said, "so thou hath no memory of thine self? Perplexing! How canst we not knoweth if thou art a speaker of blasphemies? I ought to execute thee should it rid us of this plague!" Kevin looked at Odorf and said, "you weren't kidding when you said he was paranoid." Odorf had an idea, all of a sudden. "Your majesty, I may have a solution! Something that may benefit thee and our stranger," offered Odorf, trying to postpone Kevin's execution. "Doth thou speak of the lost cause that is The Holy Grail?" King Patience asked, scoffing. "He may be of use to thee," said Odorf. King Patience nodded in realization and looked at Kevin asking, "doth thou worship Christ, stranger that doth fell from the sky?"

"I believe I do," recalled Kevin, "my memory's fuzzy, but I think I recall going to church every Sunday and saying my prayers at night." Odorf looked at Kevin and asked, "doth thou know of the Holy Grail, used by Christ in the Last Supper?"  Kevin scratched his head and said, "I think it rings a bell."

"There is a legend of a temple that contains The Chalice that Christ himself used at The Last Supper," explained Odorf, "and in that temple contains The Water of Wisdom, and with the Holy Grail and The Water of Wisdom combined together is said to heal all ailments and help regain lost memories. We hath learned that this legend is indeed true." Kevin was fascinated by all this. "For over a year, I hath sought the Grail for thyself and sent many of thy bravest men to giveth the Grail to thee," explained King Patience, "they hath not returned for over a year. I thinketh them cowards. How wouldst thou liketh to accompany my advisor and find The Grail for thee? Ye regain thine lost memories, and I receive The Grail. What doth thou sayeth? Aye or nay?"

Kevin thought for a moment, and then said, "I'd give anything to remember who I am. I'll gladly help you and Odorf seek the Grail." King Patience then shook his hand and said, "so be it. Thou shalt start at sunrise tomorrow. Thy guards and maidens shalt have thee bathed and ready. We shalt summon them soon." King Patience and Odorf then turned their backs and the king whispered, "I trust not this outsider, and should he succeed in giving me what I desire, I shalt still hath him beheaded, and I shalt bathe in his blood." Odorf nodded and said, "understood my king." King Patience then whispered, "and remember Zatara, I only let ye and thine wife and child live because thou wast willing to stop being a student to Merlin to be thy advisor. Thou shouldst be grateful of thy mercy. Should thou return to me empty handed, and I shalt have thee and thine family burnt at the stake. Understood?" Odorf bowed in fear and said, "aye, my king."