Journey Begins

Kevin was soon taken to a guest room, and was cleaned more properly. After sleeping the night away; some of his dreams regarding a beautiful angel with luscious red hair and shining blue eyes, Kevin woke up once the rooster crowed the next morning. Kevin took a bath and then dressed in clothing that was in the 14th century, and these 14th century clothes thankfully fit him. Kevin and Odorf then ate a hearty breakfast, and once they were finished, they were wished Godspeed as they left the castle, riding their horses to look for the Temple of the Holy Grail. Odorf would often look at the map to see which way he and Kevin should go to. Every now and then, Odorf would state biblical facts in order to educate Kevin regarding the Grail. As they lay camp one night, Kevin said, "you sure do know a lot Odorf."

"Aye, ye must know these things when thou art the King's advisor," said Odorf, "twas not easy transitioning from my former career." Kevin gave a look of confusion and asked, "what did you start out as?" Odorf sighed and said, "I was an apprentice to Merlin himself. I was on the verge of becoming a great wizard, second only to Merlin. But then King Patience conquered my land and killed our brethren, threatening to kill my family. I have a wife and son, my purpose for living. I was given a choice. Either die with Merlin, or give up thy career and become a Wiseman for the king. I choseth the latter to save thy family." Kevin looked at Odorf sadly and said, "I'm sorry you had to endure that Odorf."

"I appreciate thine sympathy young man," said Odorf, "despite thine lack of memories, thou hast more heart than the king." The two smiled at each other. "I can definitely consider you a friend Odorf," said Kevin. "I consider thee a friend also," said Odorf. The next morning, Kevin and Odorf got back on their horses, and rode on until they found the Temple. "We have found it," said Odorf, "if we do succeed in finding the Grail, I guarantee that thou shalt not come back the same." Kevin looked at the cave and said, "but if it means I get my memories back, it's worth it, right?" Odorf nodded and said, "it ought to be." The two then walked inside, looking around the cave. There was a path in the middle, and to the side, Odorf and Kevin noticed several skeletal knights that looked like their heads were cut off. "The King's men!" Odorf gasped in shock. "So that's why they never returned. They've been dead the whole time!" Kevin said in realization. Kevin walked to the tunnel, and he saw some cobwebs moving. Suddenly, Kevin felt this instinct, and he instantly ducked, avoiding a beheading from the sharp saw blade before him. Kevin then shut down the mechanic that was working the saw blade. "Of course," said Odorf, "The penitent man kneels before God. How did you know?"

"I didn't," admitted Kevin, "I just felt this instinct to dodge those blades. Let's continue." Kevin and Odorf continued to walk down the path of this cave, until they reached a dead end, basically a bottomless pit, and the other side of what could have been the temple. "I guess this should be based on more of a leap of faith," said Kevin as he raised his right foot, and aimed it towards the center of the pit. He then felt a bridge. He then continued to walk, careful and balanced as he could be. Odorf followed and quoted, "yes... a leap of faith makes perfect logical sense." Kevin and Odorf continued to walk among the invisible bridge for several minutes, until they were on to the other side. "Well, that wasn't difficult," chuckled Kevin as he and Odorf smiled. "Hither is where the Grail layeth," said Odorf, "let us both enter."