London, 2013

It was five years after Metropolis had been destroyed. By that time, Superman managed to overthrow the government, and replaced it with what he called the One Earth Regime. He and his allies ruled the world with an iron fist. And Superman and his cronies never hesitated to kill anyone who opposed them. The only ones who weren't afraid to oppose him were Batman and his Insurgency. So far, this war was one-sided.

It was another ordinary day in London. The people were out and about minding their own business. Suddenly, there were flashes of blue sparks everywhere. These sparks continued for a minute, then a blue time portal opened up! Out of the portal came Kevin Beaumont in his Knightly enchanted armor. The time portal then closed. Kevin looked around, noticing most of the citizens were taking pictures of him on their cell phones. "Well I'll be damned, I'm in modern London! Modern for 2013 standards..." Kevin thought to himself, grateful that the spell worked. "Pardon me," he spoke, "but what year is it?" One of the British citizens then said in a posh British accent, "aye, the year is 2013." Kevin nodded, understanding that he could not return to 2008. Suddenly, a familiar voice then said, "hey buddy, I'd hide somewhere if I were you."

Kevin turned around and saw that it was the spirit of his best friend, Dick Grayson! Except now he was a Deadman! "Dick??" Kevin said in surprise. "In the flesh. Well, kinda..." Dick chuckled. Kevin tried to hug him, but soon found he phased right past him. "Are you a ghost?" Kevin asked. "Not exactly. I'm a Deadman," explained Dick, "I felt this instinct to come on over to London, but now that I found you, it makes sense now. I knew you weren't dead. By the way, you look badass." He smiled at him. "Thanks," said Kevin as he proudly banged his sword (which he named Kurtzberg) on his shield, "this armor is Magic, and it gives me the ability to see and speak to the Deadman."

"That explains a lot actually," said Dick, "you see that library?" He pointed to the local library. Kevin looked at the library and nodded.  "Go over there," said Dick, and Kevin ran to that library, putting his sword back in his sheath. Dick looked at him and said, "alright buddy, you wait here and go inside the Library, I'm going to go find your parents and let them know you're alive, alright?" Kevin nodded and said, "alright. It's great to see you again Dick." The Deadman smiled, and then flew out of England.

Meanwhile in the Insurgency base in Gotham City, Batman was with two of his most important Insurgents, the reformed Harley Quinn and Barbara Gordon who was now able to walk. They had heard word that Superman had killed Billy Batson, AKA Shazam, and Lex Luthor. Suddenly, Dick possessed Harley and said in her voice, "Kevin's alive!" Barbara gave a look of confusion and asked, "Harley, what are you talking about?" Dick then said in Harley's voice, "guys it's me, Dick!" Batman looked at Harley and asked, "did you find out something Dick?" He nodded and said, "I did. I felt this instinct to go to London. I soon found Kevin there. He's in armor similar to a medieval knight. Kevin's alive, guys! He's specifically at London's local library." Barbara brightened up as she said, "He's alive..."  Dick said as Harley, "don't you get choked up on me Babs, if you start crying, I'll start crying!" Babs laughed a little. Batman pointed at her and said, "Barbara, suit up, get to the chopper, and go to the local library in England and get to Kevin. I'm going to call Wally and have him pick up Andrea here." Barbara nodded and said, "on it." As Barbara left, Dick then got out of Harley's body, and the reformed villainess looked around confused asking, "what just happened?"

"My son Kevin's alive Harleen," said Batman as he dialed Wally West's number. "Aww, congratulations Batsy! I'm really happy for all of you!" Harley kindly said. Once Wally picked up, Batman said, "Wally, it's Bruce. I need you to pick Andrea Beaumont up from Bellevue, and take her to the Insurgency base in Gotham. Our son Kevin's alive, and Barbara's picking him up from London. Thank you." Batman hung up and gave a sigh of relief.