oneshots - bill

your POV

It was a quiet night at home. Not much to do. Mom and Dad were out for a date night. I was currently at home, in my room. I had no inspiration to draw, and was feeling no energy to go out and do anything, especially since it was getting dark quickly.

There was a knock on my door and I saw up. Who would be at my door now? Surely Mom and Dad weren't home already.

I made my way through the hallway to the kitchen, and then to the front door. Without much thought of it being a killer clown, I opened the door.

It wasn't a killer clown.

It was my boyfriend.

"Hey, Bill."

"H-hey, y-y/n."

He didn't look worried. Nothing seemed wrong. He was wearing a green baseball tee and some very old jeans, judging by how worn out they looked. His hands were stuffed into his pockets, and his hair was ruffling around from the slight breeze.

"I want to show you something," he said calmly. It was one of the few times I'd never heard him stutter. I nodded silently, slid shoes on my feet and walked outside. The brisk breeze hit my bare arms and I shuddered, but didn't mind.

Bill quietly walked me to his house, which was a few blocks away. In the chilly night, it was fairly quiet. He held my hand tightly as we walked, but didn't say much.

"What are we doing?" I finally asked as we approached his street.

He looked over at me, and simply said, "You'll see."

At his house, we went around the back. Not actually into his house. At this point, I was straight up confused. A ladder was perched at the backside of his house, propped up against a wall.

"My d-dad was l-looking at s-something o-on the r-roof e-earlier and f-forgot to t-t-take the l-latter d-down," he explained, gazing at it. He made his way to it, still not letting go of my hand.

We reached the base of the latter.

"Bill?"

"F-follow me, o-okay?"

I nodded. He went first and I followed him up the latter. I got to the top of the roof with ease, despite I knot in my stomach. I never was a fan of heights.

On the roof, a think blanket was laid out. Bill crawled over to it, and laid down. I followed.

For a moment, it was just the two of us. We laid on a blanket on his roof. The wind wasn't so bad up here. He laced his hand through mine and finally said something.

"I w-wanted to sh-show y-you the s-sky."

Even in the cold, I felt my cheeks turn red and heat up. All he wanted to do was stargaze. I wondered, in that moment, how I got so lucky. I rarely had times like this with Bill. Not many intimate ones like these.

We stared at the stars. At one moment, I looked over at my boyfriend, and saw him staring back.

"I love you," he said quietly. But I heard it.

"I love you too, Bill Denbrough."

He started to point things out to me. Glowing stars and constellations. He told me stories of how him and Georgie used to stargaze from his window.

"One t-time, I t-took G-Georgie up to the r-roof on the F-Fourth o-of J-July. We s-sat up h-here a-and w-watched the f-fireworks g-go off. I-it w-was o-only t-two years a-ago. It feels l-like a m-million."

I looked at him sympathetically, but saw he just had a sad smile on his face.

"Maybe we can do that."

"I-I'd like th-that."

There aren't many calm moments I can remember in my life. Truly calm ones. Ones where everything in the world was left behind and I only felt that present second.

That night was one of those moments.

(a/n: hi!! this was my first oneshot so sorry if it sucked. I'm still getting the hang of these and finding inspiration for oneshots. bare with me!)