Confession

Shay's POV 

I'm sitting on the couch with Violet in my arms. I've never seen anyone so perfect, and I've never thought that anyone could be perfect. I smile at the beautiful little girl in my arms, and I feel nothing but peace. I didn't even realize that Hyukjae had sat down next to me. He stared at me with a smile on his face. 

"What?" I asked with a small chuckle. 

"You make a good mother." He said as his smile widened. I then smiled. 

"I sure hope so, because there's not turning back now." I said with a small laugh. Hyukjae continued to smile, and then ran his hand through my hair. His smile then faded to a look of adoration. 

"I don't know how I never realized how beautiful you are." He whispered as he continued to run his hand through my hair.   

"You never noticed, because you were busy starting your career." I said with a sigh. 

"Why are you defending me?" 

"I'm not." 

"Or is that what you used to tell yourself, so you wouldn't lose hope?" He asked in a serious tone. I then sighed. 

"Your right. I wanted to wait for you, so I made excuses for you. All because I loved you blindly." I said sadly. 

"Loved?" He responded in a sad tone. "Do you not love me anymore?" 

"I do. Just not like I used to. Now, you have to earn the right for me to show you how I feel." He then gave me a small smile. 

"Fair enough." I then stood up, and walked into the nursery and laid Violet down for a nap. I then gave her a pacifier, and turned on the baby monitors. Moments later she was sound asleep. I then smiled widely as I walked out of the room quietly. "Is she asleep already?" He asked in a surprised tone. 

"I just as surprised as you are." I said with a light laugh. 

"Shay?" 

"Hmmm." I answered. 

"Can I ask you for something?" He asked, and I raised an eyebrow in confusion. 

"I guess. What is it?" He then scooted closer to me. 

"I'm probably way out of line, but can I kiss you?" He asked as he bit his lip slightly. "I wasn't going to ask, but it's becoming hard for me to resist. If you don't want to it's ok." I then sighed for a moment.

"Ok, but this is purely experimental." I said softly. He then leaned in slowly as his soft lips connected with mine. I felt as though my heart was beating out of my chest. I have wanted this for years, but something felt off about it. I think it's because a part of me loves Yesung as well, but Yesung told me to be with Hyukjae. He wanted me to give Hyukjae a chance, so I'm going to do as he wanted. Hyukjae moved rather slowly, but passionately at the same time. You could feel the emotion in his movements, which made it hard when he pulled away. 

"That was better than anything I could have ever imagined." He whispered as he laid his forehead against mine. "Shay..." 

"Hyukjae...." I whispered. 

"I love you." He said as he stared into my eyes. "I want to prove that I can be a good man for you, a good father for our daughter, and try to be the man you've always dreamed of." 

"Hyukjae...." 

"Let me finish, Shay-ah. I want to say this before I lose my courage." He whispered shakily. "I've loved you for so long, Shay-ah. I even loved you back then, when you confessed to me. I was just afraid to accept it, because I wanted to make sure your feelings were real. Sadly, I messed things up, before I could keep the promise I made you." He then took a deep breath. "Shay, let me keep the promise I made you. Please agree to go out with me. If you say yes, then I'll spend the rest of my life making sure you don't regret your choice. So will you, Shay Kim, give me a chance?" He asked as he took my hands in his. I could tell he was nervous by how shaky his breathing was. I then smiled as I pulled one of my hands from his grasp, and placed it on his cheek. I then rubbed my thumb over his pale, soft skin. 

"Don't make me regret this." I whispered. He then smiled, and captured my lips in his once more. Moments later he pulled away with a smile on his face, before he brought his lips on my ear and whispered in it softly. 

"You won't. I promise." 

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this! Leave me a comment to let me know how I am doing! Stay strong my beautiful readers, keep dreaming, I love you all, and I will update soon.-Coolcat51