⋆Part 5: girlfriends⋆

"Just wondering."

Carol and I walked into the doors of the diner across the street. 'Let's sit in that booth, over there.' she said and I nodded. We walked over to the booth and sat down, I glanced out of the  window and saw the street lights shine on the road. It was dark and a bit ominous. 

'Do you want to talk about your bad day? Or are we going to ignore it happend.' I asked and she laughed. 

'No I'll tell you. It's that I walked in this morning and immediately got bossed around. I had to treat the worst patients, I'll spare you the details, and then when the computer wouldn't work, I just snapped.' She said. 'We all have those days but it will be over soon and you'll have pie!' I laughed trying to comfort her a bit.

'Yes, comfort food is a must. Anyway, how was your day?' She asked. 'It was okay, a bit overwhelming.' I told her when the waiter came to our table.

'Are you ready to order?' He asked. 'An coffee black, a burger, and a piece of pie, please.' Carol said.

'What will be on the side of the burger?' The waiter asked. 'Fries.' She said and he wrote it down on his note pad. They both looked at me now waiting for me to order.

'A burger with fries for me too and an iced tea, please.' I said as he wrote my order down. 'Call me if you need me.' He said and he walked away.

'How is Benton treating you?' She asked and I gave her a look. 'Could be better but it's only the first day so I'm holding out hope.' I said and we laughed. 'But John's very nice so we'll get through it together.' I said. 

'What do think of Carter?' She asked. 'I haven't worked with him a lot but he seems nice, little bit awkward. Why did you ask?' I said. 'Just wondering.' She said, I knew that there was something more but I didn't want to be annoying.

'I think that's ours.' I said as I saw the waiter come our way with to burgers. 'Here you go.' He said as he put the plates down. 'Thank you.' We both said as we looked at our burgers. 'Bon appétit.' I said and we both started eating. 

★★★

After we've eaten our food we talked a little more about work. 'So tell me about the staff, I want to hear all the gossip.' I smiled as she took a sip of her coffee. 

'Well, Mark and Susan are kind of close. So it be best if you didn't complain about them to each other.' She said. 'Noted.' I replied. 'Almost everyone thinks that they have a thing for each other but they are both taken so.' She continued. 

'Then you have Doug. He is....' She wanderd. I raised my eyebrows at her mind going somewhere else. 'He's interesting.' She finally answered and I smiled. 

'You have a thing for him?' I asked. 

'I did, I don't know, maybe.' She sighed. I saw she was uncomfortable talking about the subject so I decided to move on. 

'Do you know how to handle Benton?' I asked her. 'You should ask John about it, he's done this for a few months now but I think he's a great teacher. He'll be hard on you and you have to be prepared for anything. You'll have bad days and he'll judge you for it but you'll survive.' 

'Thanks Carol, I was really nervous for today but I'll survive with you helping me. I hope I can return the favor.' I smiled and she nodded. 

'You're welcome rookie.' 

________________________________________________________________________________

Don't you guys love Carol and Susan's relationship in ER! I hope I can recreate that. Here are some Gifs for you♥

 Here are some Gifs for you♥