⋆Part 20: Epilogue⋆

"That's enough!"

A couple of weeks later...

'Val, let's go! We're late!' John yelled from the kitchen... or living room. I wasn't sure because I couldn't see him from where I was standing.

'I'm coming!' I yelled back. I quickly ran to the bathroom to put a clip in my hair. I was so nervous. Tonight I was going to meet John's grandmother and parents. I know John's grandma is very important to him and I wanted to make an good impression. We were going to her home where she was having an very fancy dinner with his entire family.

No pressure, right?

I quickly put on some more blush and ran to the living room to find my heels. I need to clean my apartment soon. John was complaining about it all the time, he isn't nearly as much of a slob as I am.

'There you are.' He said and I looked up at him. He was in a black suit with a white button up shirt. The first button open. My eyes kept hovering over him for a second but than I quickly looked away.

John in a suit is my favorite John, I decided.

'You look hot.' I squealed and I walked over to him.

'Thank you.' He laughed. 'So do you.' He said with a husky, deep voice.

Oh I know that voice.

He quickly put his hands on my hips.

'Not too sexy?' I asked as I looked in the mirror to my right, I didn't want to give his parents the wrong impression. My dress was black with a slit on the side. The dress came to my knees and the straps were thin. He suddenly put his fingers under my chin and moved my head so that I would look at him.

'Not for me.' He smiled as he snuggled his head into my neck. His lips hovered over my skin as I felt his breath cover my skin. I moved my head back in anticipation. His lips went to my jaw while I felt his hands slowly move down to end of my dress. Slowly moving his hands under it. I closed my eyes.

'We need to leave.' I hushed as my breath hitched.

'Make me.' He said as he slowly pushed me against the wall.

'John,' I said and he put my lips between his teeth. I needed all the strenght I had to stop what he was doing. 'We really, really need to go.' I said wishing we wouldn't have to.

'You do know how to ruin the sexual tension.' He replied and I laughed.

'I will make up for it.' I said with a grin on my face. The last few weeks had been healing for me. I'm getting ready to pick my new rotation and I'm getting a lot more confident in my procedures. I can lean on John and he can make me come down to earth again.

'Hurry up.' John said as he kissed my cheek. I grabbed my heels from under the cushion. It was a miracle that they were both in the same place. I quickly put them on and went to the door where I grabbed John's hand and we went to his Jeep.

⭑⭑⭑

After thirty minutes drove up to this huge mansion. If I wasn't intimated yet, I was now.

'Take a deep breath. We'll be alright.' He said noticing that I was nervous and I nodded. We got out of the car and went to the front door. John handed his keys to a guy in a suit and he drove it away to a parking space. I knew his grandmother was rich but I didn't know she was loaded. I rung the doorbell and a maid opened the door a second later.

'Hello Lydia.' John said and she smiled. 'Hello, Mr. Carter.' She said and we handed her our coats.

'Hi, I'm Valerie Brook.' I said as I held out my hand.