32

Selina didn't show up that night or for the next three days. Bruce was constantly concerned about her wellbeing, but, given her history of disappearing, he didn't want to push.

His only comfort came in the form of a phone call from the grocer on Selina's second day of absence. Bruce quickly authorized the purchase in Selina's name for fourteen dollars and seventy-two cents. He had no idea how much food could be acquired with that amount of money, but he was glad she had finally decided to take advantage of his provision, even if it was just to set his mind at ease.

On the evening of the third day, Bruce was shadowboxing in the drawing room when he thought he saw movement outside. He looked up, hoping that a familiar figure would appear in the window, but none did. After a few minutes of waiting, he gave up and went to take a bath.

After a long, hot soak, pyjamas sounded too warm and confining so Bruce opted to put on a worn pair of boxers. He was stretching and absentmindedly humming when a sharp titter came from the open window.

"Selina!" Bruce jumped up from his seated position on the floor.

Selina was crouched like a cat on the window sill. She looked him up and down with a smirk.

"How long have you been there?" He asked nervously.

"Long enough. Nice shorts, Superman." She teased.

"Oh, crap!" Bruce interjected as he looked down at the bright red and yellow logo on his crotch.

He darted into the closet. Selina's peal of laughter rang out behind him.

"I've seen you in your swim trunks, you prude!" She called through the open closet door.

"It's different." Bruce argued as he tied the sash on his robe.

When Bruce went back into his bedroom, Selina was sitting on his bed. Her boots and jacket lay in a heap on the ground.

"How?" She asked squinting her eyes at him. "How is it different?"

"I don't know." Bruce shrugged. "It just is."

"Why?" Selina pressed. "They cover the same thing."

Bruce shifted uncomfortably. "I... I don't know. Swimsuits are just... The fabric is... thicker or something."

Selina scoffed. "That's lame, you know. My bra is definitely thicker than a bathing suit. You wanna see?"

She unzipped her grey hoodie revealing a black spaghetti strap tank.

"I've seen your bra." His ears warmed at the memory.

"Not this one," she said as she shrugged out of the sweatshirt. "This one's new."

"I... uh... okay." Bruce licked his lips involuntarily as he watched her. He felt his face flush when he caught a flash of red bra straps.

She gave him a coy smile before stripping off the tank. She stretched, arching her back, then reclined on her elbows and shook her hair out of her face. The movement caused her breasts to appear to swell under the red lace.

Bruce pulled the robe more securely around himself. He was especially glad for the added cover, given that he seemed to be experiencing a mild case of swelling himself.

He made sure the door was locked before going to sit next to her.

"Now what?" He asked her in a shaky voice.

In response, Selina pulled him into a kiss. Her mouth tasted like strawberries and vanilla. She lay back on the bed pulling Bruce down on top of her. He hovered over her, careful not to put his weight on her.

"I don't want to hurt you," Bruce whispered between kisses. "Or the baby."

"You won't," Selina reassured him.

She reached behind herself and unhooked her bra. She guided his hand up under the loosened bra. A soft sigh escaped her lips as his fingers grazed her hardened nipple. He gave her breast a tentative squeeze that caused her to let out a little moan. He squeezed a little harder.

Selina hissed. "Careful," she warned. "They're a little sore."

"Sorry." Bruce squeezed again, gentler this time. "Better?"

"Mm-hm." Her eyes closed as she pressed into his hand.

Bruce let his body settle just a bit onto her. Her knees parted to make room for him. Even through his robe and her jeans, he could feel the heat emanating off of her. She rocked her hips against his and the movement sent a jolt through him. He inhaled sharply, his brow furrowing at the intensity of the sensation. He leaned down to kiss her again, pinching her nipple at the same time. Her hands went to his hips. She guided him to gently grind into her.

The bra was just in the way now. She let him slide her arms out of it, then put her hands back on his hips. She pulled at him more urgently. Her breathing had sped, as had his own. He lowered his mouth to her neglected breast and kissed it gently.

Selina unbuttoned her jeans. Bruce helped her out of them and the red lace below then repositioned himself between her bare legs.

"Are you sure?" He asked before continuing.

"Yes," she said with a sigh of exasperation. "Now, will you take the robe off?" She asked fiddling with the sash.

"My hero," she whispered as the Superman logo appeared.

Bruce sighed, resigning himself to the embarrassment of his unfortunate choice of undergarments. He removed the offending shorts.

Finally, with nothing more between them, he returned to assaulting her with kisses.

Hovering over her, Bruce hesitated. Selina looked up at him, concerned.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Her voice was husky.

"I don't have any condoms." He explained.

Selina laughed. "It doesn't matter."

"I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow." Selina told him after. She paused to touch her lips to his. "I thought that you might want to come with me."

"Of course. I'd love to." His fingertips brushed against the slight swell of her stomach. "Wait. Is that why you came over tonight? To invite me to your appointment?"

"Partly," she said, pinching his cheek.

"Hmm." He caught her hand and pressed it to his lips.

"It's kind of early in the morning, though. Like nine o'clock." She said scrunching her nose.

"That's okay." Bruce shrugged. "Alfred can drive us. You don't have to go. You can stay the night."

Selina snuggled into him. "I was planning on it."