16-≿Flowers≾ (Y/n)

Everything feels so nice. It's honestly a relief everything is okay after everything that happened. Like all the pressure was drained and all that lasts is calmness and tranquility. - Exhaling, I can feel the smile present on my lips as I gaze at the roses of the garden, a sight that I had missed so much and want to enjoy it the most now that I can. Most of the problems brought by Taylor were solved, so all we gotta do now is wait until the same happens to the minor ones, relaxing until so.

Among the soothing sound of the wind among the plants' leaves and the birds chirping, I'm able to hear faint voices coming from nearby and soon find out they belong to Maria - the maid, who's an old sweet lady, but very strict to the mansion's rules; she has been working for the Ieros for two generations - and Miles. The boy has some flowers in hands, looking at the ground with a pout, while she scolds him. "Mr. Iero will be very mad that you did that, Miles."

My eyebrows furrow as my eyes rest over him then move to her with a hopeless smile, "I'll take care of him, Maria, you can continue your work."

She presses her lips together in certain worry, "Are you sure, miss (l/n)? You don't need to get problemi because of something like this, I can solve it."

"Oh, Maria!" I chuckle lightly, shaking my head. Problems. "You don't even know how much happened lately. It's really okay, you can go." Her look is still quite worried as she reluctancy nods, walking away. "Hey, ragazzino." Miles still has a sulky face on when I kneel down in front of him, placing a hand over his shoulder. "Perché would you pluck the flowers? Your dad will be mad."

"Io..." He trails off, inhaling before continuing. "Io wanted to give these to you." His glassy eyes meet mine as he extends the flowers towards me - a sight that makes my heart melt.

"Oh, dear." I get the plants in hands, taking a look at them. "That's so beautiful, I love that. Grazie so much, I appreciate it a lot." His mouth parts lightly in surprise; Miles looks up at me while I stand up again just to pick him up and set the boy on my hip.

"Did you really like it?" He asks quietly, blinking the tears away - that causes some of them to go down his cheeks in the process.

"Certamente, sweetie. And don't worry about your father getting mad, let it with me, okay?" I manage to hold him and the flowers with the same arm so I can have a free hand to wipe his tears away. His eyes are glued to me in surprise, which I presume to be caused by me promising everything will be alright and not have scolded him in any moment. Miles slowly nods and a blush colors his cheeks, causing my heart to twist at the cute sight.

It's already by three pm, so we decide to head back inside so we can eat something. The boy starts to eat first and, meanwhile, I decide to get a vase to place the flowers in; his attention is fixated on me while I fill the clear recipient with water and finally put the flowers inside it.

"Do you like it?" I question Miles, holding up the vase. He nods frantically. "I'm going to place them in my bedroom, be right back." And after leaving it over my desk, I head back downstairs. Wentz stands by the end of the stairs, distracted with whatever he has in hands and I'm not able to see since his back is turned to me. Having an idea, I quietly approach him and kick the back of his knees lightly when I'm close enough; that startles him, also almost sending the male to the floor if he hadn't grasped onto the stairs railing a few inches away.

"Oh Dio, who else could've it been?" Wentz says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He glances back at my giggling form with a fake angry face. "I'll get it back on you one day, vedrai."

"Ovviamente, ovviamente." I say with a lazy grin, "Try me, motherfucker." He shoots me a look of disdain, watching me walking back to the kitchen, laughing.

The day goes by pretty calmly, but with my anxiety showing up here and there to remind me about Frank - he went out to solve some things, opting for taking Weekes instead of me since, according to him, I went through much and need some peace now, not mentioning Miles missed me. I'm partially okay with that because it's true, yet part of me still wants to follow him to everywhere like always. Seeing him walking through the doorway of his office late at night makes my lips immediately crack a grin. "Iero!" I call, extending the r. He wrinkles his nose at me, eyes moving up and down once he notices me laying across his armchair.

"Buona notte, (l/n)." Frank's tone is sarcastic, matching the expression he has on - it all only makes my grin turn into a smug smirk. He shakes his head to himself as if telling himself something, certainly already knowing nothing will stop me from taking his seat whenever I can no matter what.

"How was it?" I stand up from the chair and approach him, shoving my hands inside my pants' pockets. He stands on his place and his gaze continues locked with mine, observing me with an obvious emotion, watching me approach while I try to not show him how this affects me.

"Everything went well." His half lidded eyes hold certain warmth that makes me completely melt and I would be already in his arms if I didn't bother in turning it all easy for him. Slowly, I nod in comprehension, ignoring the small glances he takes at my lips and averting my look to the side. "Oh," Frank starts in another tone, signing another subject is being brought up, "Maria told me something about the garden, but she said it all so rushed that I just understood it's about the garden." He breathes a chuckle. "Do you know what happened?"

"Ah." I widen my eyes for a second, nodding as I rest them over his. "It's that some flowers were plucked."

"Che?" His face instantly contorts in anger, taking me aback slightly since it was unexpected by me. "Who did that?"

"Calmati! It was Miles!" I answer and quickly continue so he won't have time to reply. "He did it because he just wanted to give me some flowers!"

As fast as it turned angry, his expression gains a soft, admired emotion when he understands what happened. "He did?"

"They're on my room's desk." I smile, holding back a chuckle seeing how drastically Frank's mood changed. "It was so cute."

"I can imagine." He says in an almost whisper, cupping my face. Even tho I lean onto the touch, I shoot him a reprehending look, narrowing my eyes with a small smirk.

"Don't get the cue, Frank." My tone reflects both how I want him to continue plus how I don't, making it sound like a reluctancy advice.

His eyebrows furrow hopelessly. "You never give a chance, so I'll be making my moves before you slip through my fingers again." The hint of sadness in his voice convinces me or at least gets me thinking for time enough to just be brought to reality when feeling his arm already around my waist and bringing me closer to him.

Exhaling, letting all the tension out and deciding to risk finding out what'll happen, I relax under his touch then move my hands - holding onto his upper arm with one and resting the other around the wrist of his hand that cups my face.

"My feelings are returned, right?" Frank asks quietly, breath fanning over my face and eyes focused on my lips. "So why don't-" I interrupt him by connecting our lips, knowing it would eventually happen, but not really wanting to answer to his question.

"You already know." I mutter when pulling away briefly, continuing with the previous action before anything.

≿----- ❈ -----≾