Everything Starts Somewhere

*Author's Note:*

This is one of my first fan fictions writing-wise at least. I drew the attached photo myself, it's an original OC. I'm actually surprised with how well she came out, I was sure it would turn out worse. Also dark/ angsty themes, there's a lot of crap that goes down. Thank you so much for giving this work a read! Quick disclaimer, for all intents and purposes MHA/BNHA are not mine they do not belong to me. The manga and anime have inspired me to write this fiction and dialogue as well as events are given credit to the beautiful people who have blessed us with this series. Aside from standard story line events this work is mine.

Please note that

*abc* is a sound effect'abc' is internal thoughts of whomever"abc" is dialogue(abc) is a side note from yours truly ;)

*~Love, DragonHearte*

It's best to start at the beginning,

"At this current moment in time about 80% of the population has a quirk, which is a talent that is unique to the individual. The manifestation of a quirk has become commonplace over the years. There is another oddity in the world now that is quite rare, only 32% of the world's population have this particular manifestation. A soulmate mark, usually a phrase found on a particular part of the body. However, because it's such a rare occurrence, there's not much research or knowledge on the subject." Mr. Aizawa paused and motioned with his head for me to enter the classroom,

"This is Evangeline, she's new, you can wait until the end of class to make her acquaintance."

With that, I nodded my head in acknowledgement and made my way to the only open spot in the room behind a kid with green hair and freckles. I've moved around enough to not give attention to the inquisitive stares following my movements. Mr. Aizawa continued with the lecture that I knew by heart since I was one of the few that actually had a soulmate mark. I tune out the words having heard them too many times to count, and absentmindedly running my fingers over the fabric of my skirt right above where my mark was concealed. The principal had told me that the teacher who usually teaches this class, World History, is absent, so they have my homeroom teacher, Mr. Aizawa, teaching a review lecture it seems. The rest of the class seemed to pass by quickly. The stupor I was in broken by the ringing of the bell indicating class over and the beginning of our lunch period. However, most of the students didn't even bother to head out the door to the cafeteria. They instead chose to clamber around the desk I was sitting at and surround me in an enclosed circle of bodies. One after the other shouting different questions at me leaving me a bit overwhelmed and panicky. My eyes darting from one face to the next, seeing their mouths move, but not the sound of their voices. This is just too much, and I need out. NOW! I bolt shoving through the mass of students and make a break for it. Bathroom, bathroom, bathroom. Ah, there it is! I add an extra burst of speed to get to my destination, my sanctuary. I rush over to the stalls and check if there is anyone in them. It's empty, after walking to the sinks I run my hands under the water and splash myself in the face with the cool water. It feels good in comparison to the sweltering environment around me. All those eager kids, like vultures for information about the new kid. 'I was prepared for something similar to this. There will always be the excitement of the new classmate. But this, this was different. A completely different animal. Maybe it has to do with the hero class in general. Something in the water... Aside from that, I haven't freaked out like this since the third grade. This is insane, get it together Eva! Don't let this super important school get to you. They're teenagers just like you, they're all relatively human, except that pink one. I don't know about her, we'll have to ask about that one.