Anywhere But Here

*Author's Note*

This is one of my first fan fictions writing-wise at least. The drawing above is Max he has muscular arms and a beer belly. Also dark/ angsty themes, there's a lot of crap that goes down. Thank you so much for giving this work a read! Quick disclaimer, for all intents and purposes MHA/BNHA are not mine they do not belong to me. The manga and anime have inspired me to write this fiction and dialogue as well as events are given credit to the beautiful people who have blessed us with this series. Aside from standard story line events this work is mine.

Please note that

*abc* is a sound effect

'abc' is internal thoughts of whomever

"abc" is dialogue(abc) is a side note from yours truly ;)

*~Love, DragonHearte*

I approach the school's gates the next day, or where the gates are supposed to be. There's a swarm of people surrounding them though, it'll be hard to get through. I wonder, 'What is all the excitement about?' I manage to push myself through to the gates. My attempt to break through the crowd was hindered by the elbows thrown and other people shoving through the mass of people. I pass by the currently occupied reporters, I'm in the homestretch when a reporter stops right in front of me, but to interview a different kid. I stand on my tip-toes and see, 'Oh, it's Bakugo.' I think to myself, pleasantly surprised to see him coming to school early. 'He seems the type to get to school late, he's got the whole delinquent vibe going on...' My thoughts are interrupted by the abrupt stop in what the reporter was asking. She then says, "You're the kid from the sludge villain incident!"

"BUZZ OFF!" is his response and storms away without answering her.

'The sludge villain incident? What could she possibly mean by that?' I have this tendency to look at my feet while I walk and think, so, I end up bumping into none other than the already ticked off Bakugo.

"Hey watch where you're walking!" He exclaims while continuing walking to the building.

"Sor-" The rest of the word dies on my lips as when I notice his presence is no longer there. I feel a flare of heat at my hip, and stare at his back for a second too long before continuing on my way to homeroom. I set my books down after getting to my seat, Mr. Aizawa jumps straight into things.

"I've seen the results from yesterday's exercise, grade-wise and All Might's evaluations. First off, Bakugo, you acted extremely childish, grow up."

Surprisingly, Bakugo responds with a simple and resigned, "Okay."

I raise my eyebrows at his tame response, it's been only two days since I've first encountered him, and even I can tell he was lacking in his usually explosive nature. I'm too caught up in my observation to hear what Mr. Aizawa said about Midoriya afterwards. Midoriya responds with a quick and determined, "Okay!"

Mr. Aizawa moves on and says, "We'll be voting on your class's president today."

All the kids in the class are jumping out of their seats and waving their hands wildly in the air. 'In my previous school, it was always a struggle to get students to volunteer for the class president role. Why's everyone so excited over such a normal classroom duty?' I think this to myself and turn to Midoriya who is also raising his hand and ask, "Why is everyone so excited to be elected to do something so boring?"

He says, "In normal schools, you would be right. But here, the class president gets to basically lead the class. Which paves the way for a top hero in the making."