Someplace

*Author's Note*

This is one of my first fan fictions writing-wise at least. Also dark/ angsty themes, there's a lot of crap that goes down. Thank you so much for giving this work a read! Quick disclaimer, for all intents and purposes MHA/BNHA are not mine they do not belong to me. The manga and anime have inspired me to write this fiction and dialogue as well as events are given credit to the beautiful people who have blessed us with this series. Aside from standard story line events this work is mine.

Please note that

*abc* is a sound effect

'abc' is internal thoughts of whomever

"abc" is dialogue(abc) is a side note from yours truly ;)

*~Love, DragonHearte*

In the monitor room, all of class 1-A is gathered to evaluate my group's exercise.

"I'd like to declare Schaffer, the MVP of this challenge." All Might says to the class.

"Why not Ochako or Midoriya, they won didn't they?" Tsuyu Asui asks.

"Yes they did but that's not the reason why, does anyone know why Schaffer is the MVP of this exercise?"

"I do," says Yaoyorozu, "Schaffer was the only one able to properly adjust to the scenario at hand. From what I saw Bakugo was clearly motivated by some personal grudge, and you also said previously that destructive attacks indoors is foolish. Midoriya had the same issue. Uraraka lost her focus halfway through, and her final attack was way too haphazard."

While she continues speaking, my eyes widen at her eloquent response,

"Uraraka's attack would be unthinkable in a situation with a real nuclear weapon. However, Schaffer prepared a strategy against her possible opponents and planned accordingly. Schaffer's only downfall was her reaction to Uraraka's attempt to retrieve the weapon in the end was too slow. The hero team only won because this was a training exercise with exploitable constraints."

I feel touched by Yaoyorozu's detailed analysis of the whole experience. An overly energetic, "Yes, you're correct!" came from All Might who appears to not have expected such an elaborate explanation of the events that just transpired. After everyone had finished with their exercise, we were told that we were done and could go home. I think to myself for a moment, 'Ever since the evaluation of our exercise, I haven't heard Bakugo say anything. How badly did that loss hit him? I should probably try to talk to him before he heads home.' I rush through the hallway wanting to catch him, I overheard Midoriya talking to Uraraka earlier and she said he headed home. When I get to the hallway near the entrance I see Midoriya and Bakugo through the window. They might be having an argument of some sorts, it's hard to tell what about. I run to the entrance of the school and see Bakugo stomp off to exit through the gates, but is stopped short by All Might, and hear the end-bit of what Bakugo's saying to All Might, "I'll be a hero that surpasses even you!" he then stomps off. His pants sagging and shoulders slumped out of the gates of UA. Jumping down the few stairs leading down to the ground refocuses me, and I quicken my pace to catch up with my partner from the exercise.

I slow down as I come up next to him, and say, "Hey-"

He interrupts me before I can get another word out of my mouth and says, "Your best will never be good enough."

I jerk my head in the direction of his face and see him, furious expression and all staring determinedly at me. My hip has an intense throbbing coming from the ink written on my skin. I'm a bit hurt that he doesn't seem to recognize me and what he's saying.