Neither Here Nor There

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for giving this work a read! Quick disclaimer, for all intents and purposes MHA/BNHA are not mine they do not belong to me. The manga and anime have inspired me to write this fiction and dialogue as well as events are given credit to the beautiful people who have blessed us with this series. Aside from standard story line events this work is mine. Don't forget to comment and heart! This story references events from previous chapters, if something does not make sense, feel free to reread from the beginning.

Please note that

*abc* is a sound effect'abc' is internal thoughts of whomever"abc" is dialogue(abc) is a side note from yours truly ;)

~Love, DragonHearte

I open the door to Max's apartment after an extremely eventful day at school, stopping briefly to take my shoes off at the door. I walk into my room and see the bed in front of me as I drop my backpack to the floor. I flop down, and sleep overtakes me.

I wake up, through bleary eyes and see that it's the next morning. 'Damn, same dream. When will the nightmares stop?' I throw the blanket off of me and hesitate for a moment. 'Wait I went to sleep on top of my bed covers last night?' I don't dwell on the thought for too long before I walk out into the kitchen, and Max is there drinking his morning cup of coffee. I rub my eyes tiredly and then see Max look up at me, he has a strange look on his face as he says, "Damn, Eva, you look like you were run over by a bus."

"Wow, thanks. Why don't you tell me how you really feel Max."

"What happened, are you okay? I heard your class got attacked by villains. I called you and texted you, but you didn't respond to me. I was very worried, until I came home and saw your door open with you passed out on top of your bed. I gave you a spare blanket from the hallway closet."

"Yeah, some villains ambushed my class. I'm fine, I didn't get hurt. I had the nightmare, that's all."

"Oh, it was one of those nights."

"Yeah," I breathe in deeply as I start to recall the dream.

'I sit up on a bed, it was dark all around me. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes to try and get a clearer view of the room, it was then that I noticed the broken full-length mirror to my right and the door to my left with a crack running diagonally across it, from one side to the other. I was back there, at the other house. I try to move, but my hands are tied to the bedposts, my lower half frozen in place from the waist down. I look around the room frantically hoping that it won't turn out like every other time I have this dream. I am out of luck though because like always there he is in the corner of the room, a cold smile on his face as he approached me.' I felt tears prick the back of my eyes as the memory of the past forced me to relive the experience.

'There are tears streaming down my face as he leans down and wipes them away with the pad of his thumb, and he stands over me face full of what he claims to be love. His twisted version of love, is a sick realm of lies. A web that I am helplessly caught within. A result of a system created to protect me. He hangs above me like a spider above it's prey, watching in delight as I struggle against my restraints. Then all eight of his hands proceed with their torture. Handling me in ways I don't want. Touching me, caressing me, groping me with no signs of stopping. With the constant whisper of "I love you" after each and every movement. "I just want to show you how much I love you.'' There was a flash of crimson and then I woke up.' I take in a deep shuddering breath and realize I'm trembling slightly from the memory.