prologue

DISCLAIMER: I will not be using Karma's real last name for a bit, yes I know it sounds weird but you'll find out why I'm doing this later just don't ask questions and keep reading okay?? It's for plot purposes I swear just no spoilers.

------------------
"God, I want to dream again
Take me where I've never been
I want to go there,
This time I'm not scared"
------------------

I shivered slightly as I walked, the cool wind easily whipped through my old, torn jacket. Every time I considered turning back to go home I stopped myself, feeling myself shake, I wouldn't let myself turn down this high paying of a job.

Sure there were rumors that Karma Watanabe was crazy but that wasn't going to stop me. If you're confused about the last name read the top, if you already did that good job. At this point money is money, all my other jobs were never good ones. Retail worker, bagger at a grocery store, cashier, dog walker, waitress, busser, dishwasher, the list went on.

Most of these jobs overlapped for months, minimum wage didn't pay the bills, two minimum wage jobs paid the basic ones. That was only when I took cold three minute showers and did almost everything in the dark. As gross as it sounded I reused dishwater, fill up a bucket with soap and wash dishes in it for a few days before switching it out.

Goodwill clothes were nice, nicer than I could've asked for. I couldn't afford new ones very often even with the cheap prices, I could go for a new jacket.

The one I wore now was a pale green, an ugly color in my opinion. It was horribly torn after a dog walking experience that I hope to forget. Wind blew through it as easy as water moves through a strainer. Hopefully with the new money this job brings in I won't have to get a winter coat from Goodwill, I could get a brand new one that would last a few years.

If I could keep this job for a year I'd already be better off than when I worked three jobs at once.

I turned the corner and the mansion came into view. It was at the top of a hill, towering over all the other houses. The homes on the base of the tall hill were nice ones but they looked like shacks compared to the giant mansion above them.

It was grand, four or five stories tall. It had the width of three average suburban houses, my jaw dropped. I never had a reason to be on this side of town, I didn't have time for friends and none of my jobs were located over here.

The area was vast, full of nice houses with pools and screened porches. I couldn't take my eye away from the Wantanabe mansion.

What did Karma do to get so rich anyway?

No answers came to mind, now that I thought about it no one ever spoke about how he got so wealthy, just how crazy he acted. I don't think anyone cared though, if they did it would be a more prevalent conversation topic.

Maybe they just wanted to make him look bad, he owned a mansion on a hill that looked down on everyone else. They most likely only pointed out his bad qualities because they're jealous.

That's what happens when you're outside of the average. All the suburban house owners gossip involves you or your social class. They made fun of the poor because they're "above" them and they spread rumors of the rich because they're jealous.

I sighed. I was almost to the mansion which was good since it started to rain. The journey up the hill wasn't an enjoyable one but wasn't as bad as I thought.

Once I reached the door I hesitated, did I really want a psychopath as a boss? I let out a breath of air to regain my nerves. That's all I could afford to have, nerves.

I knocked three times and almost immediately the door opened. I had assumed it would be a maid or butler that would open the door. But no, it was Karma himself.

"I thought you were just going to stand out there forever," he commented. I gave him a surprised look and he gestured to the peep hole. "I like to keep track of who's coming and going. Let's head inside so I can show you around. It's a big place so let's hope you don't get lost."

I know this chapter was short but it was just to get things started. And it's been a bit since I watched Assassination Classroom so when I watched it again it really shocked me how much of a sadist Karma actually is.

Anyway thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed! A new cover will be on its way soon I just got tired of waiting.