II

Many Years Later

Knifes are my favorite weapon. It may seem a little bit old fashion considering the fancy blasters there are today. However, you can never rely on a blaster. It could be locked, out of ammunition, or faulty. But not knifes, knifes are reliable. You either have them or you don't. And when I have them there is no mistaking them as a weapon. I looked at the dagger knife in my hand before twirling it between my fingers. The way the metal slices through the air is so calming to me.

Business has been at its highest. Ever since fall of the empire people have been more afraid. So in order to have some type of reassurance that they could sleep at night they hire bounty hunters to take out their demons. Bounty hunting isn't as difficult as you would think. 8 out 10 times clients just want their victim taken out. Have some else make the blow and get their hands dirty. It's never been hard for me to take out a victim. It's just another job.

Currently I wasn't on any hunting journey for a client. I wanted to enjoy the "normal" life before another client contacts me. Normal. I don't know anything about being normal. That was taken away from me the moment I had my first kill. I sighed before setting the knife down on the table next to me. I walked to the connecting bathroom in the little room I was renting out. I looked in the mirror before staring at the brown eyes of my own. They say brown eyed beings are the nicest. Little do they know how deadly one can be. I looked down before turning on the water and splashing my face. My thoughts were interrupted when a rapid knock came at my door. I took at the door quickly before straightening up. I don't get visitors. I turned off the water slowly before stalking towards the door.

This is one of the only rooms I could find that didn't have a window. It's harder to shoot a target you can't see. Even with heat reading technology, reading through the thick clay material the walls are made of for this particular room was quite impossible. Trust me I would know. As I got closer to the door I made sure to grab the knife I was cleaning. Just in case, even though anyone who would try to attack me would just be signing their contract with death. I walked to front of the door before dropping to the floor looking in the crack at the bottom of the door  for a shadow or shoes. Only amateur hunters look through the peep hole. Never go for the most obvious option. I looked through the small slit only seeing a small card. I got back up before opening my door and bending down picking up the card. It had an address. Probably just another possible client. This isn't an uncommon thing for me. Most clients are too scared to meet in person. Some will leave a letter containing coordinates, name of the victim, and money. Can't say I blame them. The last thing a client would want would be to hire me as their bounty hunter and for me to find a bounty for their head.

I walked over to my bed before putting on my bounty attire. It was all black. I usually do most of my kills and captures at night. It allows myself to blend into the darkness very easily. The attire consisted of a black metal chest plate, thigh and shin guards, and some covering for my arms. I wore no helmet or head gear. I had no problem with people knowing who I am. People may not know my name but they will always know my face. Around in the bounty hunting community I've been crowned may names like the phantom, the void, and many more. However, I've never claim one. I never wanted to put a name to my face. I liked being a mystery. I grabbed my knifes, blaster, and other assort of weapons before heading to the door and walking out.

The current planet I was on was full of hunters. Most of them are rejects that couldn't do their job. I walked through the busy streets of people trading, cooking animals, or just talking. The address on the card lead me to a big metal door. I knocked heavily on the door before stepping back. A round eye looking camera stuck straight out looking me up and down. I lifted up the card towards the camera causing it to quickly go back to where it came from and the door opening. A droid of some sort was inside waiting for me to follow. Well let's just get this job done I thought. I walked behind the droid slowly counting how many steps I were from the door incase of any surprise attacks. I was so deep in my thoughts of how I would go about if a surprised attack happened that I didn't even realize I was at the door on the other side of the hall. I walked closer to the door allowing it to open.

The door fully slid open showing me an altercation on the other side. There before my eyes were stormtroopers pointing their blasters at a Mandalorian and the Mandalorian pointing his weapons back at them. The new noise of the door opening caused them all to look at me. In any other situation I'd start slitting throats or shooting out hearts but this didn't seem very threatening towards me. By the look on the man in the corner with his hands raised he probably just walked in at the wrong time startling the Mandalorian.

"Don't mind me. I love a good shoot out." I said before walking into the room.

"U-Uh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to alarm." The scared man said with his hands still raised.

"This is Doctor Pershing. Please excuse his lack of decorum. His enthusiasm outweighs his discretion. Please lower your blaster." Said the older man that was once sitting behind the table when I walked in now walking forward towards the Mandalorian.

"Have them lower theirs first." The Mandalorian said looking at the stormtroopers around him.

"We have you four to one." One of them said in a snarky tone.

"I like those odds." I couldn't help but smirk at the comment made by the Mandalorian.

The older guy who I assumed is the client walks a little bit closer to the Mandalorian before saying, "He also said you were expensive. Very expensive. Please sit." After which he finished he raised his hand telling the troopers to lower their weapons.

His eyes finally glazed over to me before motioning with his hand the take a seat. Once I sat down next to the Mandalorian the client unwrapped two pieces of what I'm assuming is Beskar from a cloth.

"Beskar?" The Mandalorian question.

"Go ahead. It's real." He replied with gesturing for the Mandalorian to elevate it.

"This is only a down payment. I have a camtono of Beskar waiting for y'all upon delivery of the asset." The client said.

"Y'all? I'm sorry, no I work alone." I announced causing his eyes to shift towards me.

"I can assure you this job is a two person job. I've hired many hunters before and it was all too much for them." He said towards me.

"Well maybe the hunters you were hiring aren't shit." I responded wanting to test the waters.

"Double. I will only work with this Mandalorian if paid double. Deal or no deal." I could see the Mandalorian turn his head and look at me. Even with his helmet on I could feel his eyes.

"Fine." The client said knowing I wasn't gonna back down.

"Alive." Said the doctor.

"Yes alive. Although, I acknowledge that bounty hunting is a complicated profession.
This being the case, proof of termination is also acceptable for a lower fee." The client said leaning forward.

"That is not what we agreed upon." The doctor said instantly directing his words towards the older man. This stroke my interest. What's so important about this bounty being alive? Most clients don't care whether they come in dead or alive, as long as the job got done.

"Let's see the puck." The Mandalorian said changing the conversation.

"I'm afraid discretion dictates a less traditional agreement. We can only offer you both a tracking fob." The client said before the doctor came forward giving it to the Mandalorian.

"We can only provide the last four digits."

"This is a joke." I said slightly annoyed.

"Their age? That's all you can give us?" The Mandalorian said.

"Yes. They're 50 years old. We can also give you last reported positional data. Between that and the fob, a man of your skill and the woman of yours should make short work of this." The client said before leaning back into his chair.