XV

Things between Din and I have well...changed. There were moments when I'd catch him looking in my direction before he would quickly look away when I noticed. But I knew he was watching me. I could always feel his gaze.

"So wait, you want to what?" I said interrupting him. He decided to come up with some idea that involved with putting up the child in the back, away from the outside world.

"This is our only option." He said looking at me as I looked at the ground.

"Didn't know someone like you had friends." I said with a sly smile.

"They aren't friends."

"Then what are they?" I question.

He paused before answering, not really sure how to answer my question.

"Acquaintances."

"Hm, anything I should be aware about." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"You already know the answer to that." I said with a nod.

"So, someone like me doesn't have friends," he said walking away from the control panel and towards me.

"Nope," I said emphasizing the 'p'.

"Then what are we." He said as he was now in front of me.

"Partners." I said as I winked at him before brushing my shoulder against his as I walk to where he was before.

"Do they know you have a plus one." I was gesturing to myself.

"No, but there's a no questions asked policy."

I snorted before a smile made its way on my face.

"If that's not the most shady shit I've ever heard."

"Well that's how it is there." He said.

"When was the last time you were there?" I asked, wanting to know more about his past.

"A long time ago." He said before continuing. "Don't tell me I'm scaring you off," he joked.

"Oh please," I said as I rolled my eyes. "If anything it's the other way around."

"Highly doubt that." He said with a sigh as he walked up to the chair I was leaning against.

"How's your whole new powers situation going on," he asked as he was now in front of me.

"Powers? I don't think it's something like that." I said shaking my head.

"It's more of a pull or connection that I have with something." I said.

"So if it's not a power then what do you call it." He asked.

"Fair point."

This caused him to let out an airy chuckle before getting serious.

"We are going to be approaching our destination soon. You might want to spend as much time with the child before we have to put him up."

I shook my head agreeing with him before walking towards the exit of the cockpit.

"Hey Calyptra," I heard him say.

"Yes."

"Thank you." He said.

I turned around as my hand was on the outer rim of the cockpit door.

"For what?"

"For being you." He said softly causing heat to rise in my cheeks. I gave him a nod with a light smile before leaving his view.