Chapter 12 - To Let It Break

Chapter 12
Ella
To Let It Break

A/N - I think this is the fastest I've ever updated! But, I have a busy week ahead of me and I'm not too sure when I'll have time for writing and this one was already done, so I figured I'd post this chapter now instead of waiting. Thanks again for all of the support! (:

I hadn’t looked away from my phone’s screen for what seemed like days.

I spent the whole night in my living room, in complete silence, staring at my phone on the arm rest of the chair. The television was muted in front of me while I curled up in my plaid pajama pants and a Fight the Fury sweatshirt Jagger had mailed me a week ago.

I got a call from Wyatt last night around three in the morning and I hadn’t been able to look away from the phone since. He sounded so worried, yet so pissed off that I wasn’t sure what to think of everything at the moment. He told me how Jagger was headed for a bad path with his drinking, and that when the boys confronted him, he had run off right before bus call. They were supposed to leave before sunrise to get to the next destination on the touring list, and he wasn’t answering anyone’s phone calls or texts.

I tried calling him a few times myself that night before I went to bed because he missed out on our annual Skype date. Every night since he left we’d talk to each other, someway, somehow. It was usually through Skype and it was almost an hour past the time he was supposed to sign on. I’d given him the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe they were playing an encore, or he partied too hard and went to bed early.

But when Wyatt woke me up all panicked and unlike himself, I couldn’t go back to bed. Jagger wasn’t answering my calls, Charlee was sleeping so I couldn’t confide in her, and Wyatt had yet to text me back with the whereabouts of Jag.

I was a mess to put it simply.

After the thousandth time of running my hand through my hair and nibbling at my nails absentmindedly, the phone finally met the silenced air around me with a shrill ring. I jumped from my seat and quickly answered it without even checking who was calling.

“Hello?” I greeted the person on the other end with a breathless quickness.

“Is this Ella?” a husky voice greeted me. My eyes widened some and I nodded my head before realizing the person couldn’t see me.

“Yes,” I breathed. “Who is this?”

“This is Cooper, Jagger’s manager. We found him last night and he crashed as soon as we brought him back to the bus. Wyatt said to tell you that he didn’t text you because he didn’t want to wake you up again in case you’d fallen back asleep.”

“Is he okay? He’s not hurt is he?” I asked, feeling my breath coming in pants at the thought of him found on the side of the road somewhere, hurt and alone.

“He’s alright now. Did you know about his…” he mumbled off, trying to find the right words to explain my boyfriend’s actions.

“I did,” I mumbled. “Can you please tell him to call me when he wakes up?”

“I sure can. Sorry for the er…inconvenience, Ms. Montgomery,” he said before I thanked him and he hung up.

I stared at the screen more, contemplating on just calling him myself and waking him up from his drunken slumber. Now that he was found and he was okay, I was at the middle stages of being completely angry, and upset beyond comprehension. I wanted him here with me, in my arms, where I could keep him safe from traveling by himself and getting into trouble. I wanted him here so I could help become a better version of himself, stray him away from all the horrible side affects of his intakes of alcohol.