Chapter 17 - Liquid Therapy

Chapter 17
Jagger
Liquid Therapy

A/N - I really, really should have been studying for my Pre-Calculas exam last night instead of writing this, but I had to get this out first! I hated that I was taking so long to update. Thank you to anyone who has been reading and voting, it means so much to me! Also, a big thank you to Katie Cruz who put my novel out there (: Please check out her work, her novels are amazing! Thanks again dears (:

I don’t think I’ve loved being a man more than I have in the past three months.

El was still in her third…trimester I think they called it. She’s been harping on me to read these “What To Expect When You’re Expecting Books,” but it makes me cringe sometimes. I was only twenty-two years old and I was preparing to be a father. My own parents were crap models, so it wasn’t like I had anyone to look to for advice on things like this.

But I was finding myself thanking the genetic makeup of my parents that I turned out to be a boy on that fateful day because Ella definitely wasn’t acting like the same girl I was introduced to five months ago. She was up in the early hours of the morning, vomiting profusely in the toilet while I held her hair back. She was complaining about her weight more than I’ve ever heard her do before. And now…she was starting to lose the skinny jeans and replace them with elastic pants.

I wasn’t quite sure what I’d gotten myself into.

My phone broke me out of my reveries for a moment and I almost jumped at the sound radiating throughout the quiet bedroom.

“Hello?” I sighed, almost agitatedly.

“Well it’s nice to hear from you two, brother,” he chuckled lowly, making me scowl.

“It’s not my fault you haven’t tried to contact me in months, brother,” I seethed.

“Calm down, Jag. I didn’t call for a fight,” he sighed heavily.

“Then what the hell did you call for? You always seem to call once you need something, Warren.”

“I can’t call to check up on my little brother?” he questioned.

“Just tell me already!”

“I ran into Caley last night…” he started slowly. “She asked about you…”

“And?” I barked.

I hadn’t even spoken to Caley since the night we had gotten drunk together at that bar months ago. She’s tried calling a few times, but each time I’ve let it hit voicemail. I actually was surprised that she hadn’t tried finding out where I was living, searching the neighborhoods for my house. It didn’t surprise me, however, that she ended up finding my brother first.

“She asked where you were living now, what you’ve been up too,” he trailed off.

“What did you tell her?” I asked, breathily. I was worried that he slipped up and let her know where I was. I was just starting to mend things with Ella, be there for her and our baby. I didn’t need Caley coming back for a second time and screwing up my efforts.

“She knows where you are,” he said nervously. “Well actually where Mom and Dad are. But I don’t where you’ve gone now that they kicked you out.”

“Why the hell would you do that?!” I bellowed, standing to my feet abruptly from the bed I was lying on. Granted, I was staying at Ella’s for the time being. But it would only be so long before she ran into someone who would tell her where I’m staying.

“I didn’t! You remember Lily? We’ve started seeing each other again. Well, she kind of…spoke before I had the chance to stop her. Then she and Caley got into this big conversation and it was too late…” he trailed off once again.