Epilogue

Epilogue
Jagger

A/N - And this is the end ): I think this was my favorite to write out of every single one of my finished and unfinished material. I loved these characters to the bone, and it sucks letting them go. But I wanted to say that I appreciate and adore every single one of you who have voted, read, commented and even put my novel out there. This got more of a response than I ever imagined it would, and I couldn't thank you guys enough for that. So thank you so much for it all (: I hope after you've finished this, if you're in the mood for another romance but with twisted secrets, that you'll check out my current novel "Torn." Thanks again my lovely readers (:

It was so hard to imagine what my life was like only a mere two years ago.

Here I was, Jagger Linden, the kid who disappointed his parents more than any kid could fear of doing. The guy who couldn't choose one simple girl to hold him down. The one who fought for years to achieve something even close to what I was doing now.

And there I was, on stage at the Palladium in the heart of California, playing for a full house of close to 6,000 fans. As I belted out the chorus of a song I'd written about my all around beautiful son, I could feel the vibes bouncing off of everyone of those kids' souls and back into mine. They were screaming along to my songs with such passion, such integrity, I knew I could never let them down for as long as I took this position in front of the microphone.

I glanced to the side of the stage at my gorgeous wife, winking as she waved a small hand at me. Her small diamond ring was glowing against the bright stage lights as she waved, and it took me right back to that day.

I'd proposed to Ella on her birthday a few months after we had gotten back together. The accident and my forgetting everything about that beautiful girl before me made me that much more eager to make her mine before anyone else could take her from me again. I brought her out after I sang “Illuminati” to the house full of kids that year ago. She was utterly confused at first, blushing like mad when I gestured for her to come to my side. The crowd of kids screamed in affection for her and she meekly waved at them while shielding her eyes from the stage lights.

“Guys, this is Ella,” I said, as they responded with another uproar of screams and chants. “You guys mind if I talk to her for just a quick second? I swear, I'll sing the next song in just a bit.”

As they agreed with screams of my name, I faced my blushing girl with a sly grin. The guys all knew what was about to happen, as I had informed them a few hours before the show what I had planned to do. Wyatt winked in my direction when I met his eyes, just behind Ella's head. She was giving me a glare, wanting to know why I dragged her out on this stage when I knew she hated being the center of attention like this. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before I finally recited the speech I'd planned for months to myself.

“Baby,” I said into the microphone, making sure the fans behind me could hear. After all, they were a huge part of my heart, just like Ella was. “I've spent so many times messing things up for us. And you've taken my crap more than any girl I think ever could. You have the kindest, and most patient heart I'd ever come to know. If it wasn't for you, I don't think I would be here today,” I said, gesturing to the stage around me. And it was true.

Without Ella, I would have probably drank myself into oblivion, never taking a step back from what was going on in order to stop it. Ever since the accident, and my memory jogging back to what was really happening, Ella helped me every step of the way, making sure I took the non-alcoholic choices in strides. I attended AA meetings with her by my side, and she never took my shit when I tried...and failed to sneak out on her and get “just one drink.” I wouldn't be here, with my thousands of fans behind me, two released albums, and the life I was now living...without that girl.