Bede {1} - A helping hand (Fluff)

Summary: You find Bede with an injured leg. You are determined to help him, no matter how much he protests.

Pairing: Bede X Reader
Genre: Fluff
Warnings: Swearing, Bede's an adorable tsundere.
Requested by: N/A

Word Count: 1016

This is pretty old and definitely not my best writing! Still, it's a part of my growth, so it'll remain up.

~~~~~~

"Shit," Bede winced as he felt his leg throbbing in pain. To make matters worse, he could see his pant leg turning red as blood gushed out of his wound.

As he was making his way through Route 6, one of the rusty old ladders had snapped as he was climbing, sending him to the ground. The fall had injured his leg pretty bad. He had tried to get up, only to crumble back onto the ground from the pain.

Still on the ground, he watched as a Flareon ran towards him. It stopped in front of him and looked at him with a brow raised as if it was mocking him. The Flareon turned around and called out to someone.

Bede cursed under his breath. He knew only one person with a cocky Flareon as a partner, and that person was-

"Flareon! Slow down!" You called out frantically as you chased after your Flareon.

When you finally caught up to it, you panted heavily, trying to catch your breath.

"What's gotten into- huh? Bede?" You said as you noticed your snobby rival on the dusty ground.

Upon hearing your voice, his gaze snapped in your direction and gave you his signature hostile glare, which was beyond phasing you at this point.

As you gently approached Bede, your Flareon retreated behind you and laid down to watch your interaction with Bede, which it thought was always amusing.

You scanned Bede as he kept his glare on you. Your gaze fell to his leg, and you noticed all the blood. Your eyes widened, and your 'motherly mode' activated.

"Shit, you're injured," you said as you crouched to his level.

He wanted to back away, but his back was already against the ledge he fell.

You gently grabbed the hem of his pant leg to roll it up, but Bede flinched at your touch.

"Don't touch me," he hissed.

"I just want to help-"

"I don't need any help. Go away."

You sighed and kept your cool. Losing your patience with Bede was not a proper approach.

"Well, I'm sorry for caring about your well being. Let me help you, Bede," you said softly, locking your soft gaze into his harsh one.

He looked away from you with a small 'tch.' You chuckled softly when you saw a hint of pink on his cheeks. You took this as your 'okay' cue.

You rolled his pants up gently as to not rub the fabric on his wound. His leg wasn't a pretty sight. It was utterly scraped and bruised.

You nodded to yourself and reached into your bag and pulled out a first aid kit.

"What? You just carry around a bunch of medical supplies with you?" He scoffed.

"Yes, and by the looks of it, you should too," you said, earning a growl from Bede.

You poured some peroxide on a rag, mentally sighing because you knew that this wasn't going to be pleasant due to the size of the wound.

"I have to disinfect this. This is going to sting," you said.

You began cleaning the area gently. Bede's leg shook slightly as he winced at the burning sensation.

"I'm almost done, okay? You're doing fine," you cooed.

"I'm not a damn baby," Bede hissed through gritted teeth.

You ignored his comment and focused on the task at hand. Once you judged that the wound was thoroughly cleaned, you reached for a bandage to wrap around Bede's leg to keep his injury from bleeding some more.

Once wrapped, you smirked as an idea formed in your mind. You leaned down and gave the bandaged area a small peck, fully knowing that it was going to rattle Bede.

You looked up, and you were not disappointed at the sight of his cherry-red face.

"H-hey! What the hell was that for?" He growled and glared at you.

"Just kissing it better," you said innocently as you pulled his pant leg back down.

You stood up and nodded with a small smile. "There, all done."

Bede just 'hmph'ed' at you. Not that you were expecting any form of gratitude from him.

"You should head to a center to rest and change. Can you walk?" You asked.

"What do you think?" He replied harshly as he shakily stood up.

You raised a brow and crossed your arms, looking in amusement as Bede was failing to prove his point.

He stumbled back onto the ground and again, his cheeks flared in embarrassment.

You chuckled and held out your hand. "Come on. I'll take you there."

He glared at your hand, not making any moves to take it. "Make me."

You looked him with a 'challenge accepted' look on your face.

Faster than Bede could process, he was swiftly pulled up, and before he even had time to stand, you had swept him off the ground and into your arms.

Yes, you were absolutely carrying Bede bridal style, and it was glorious.

'How strong is this woman??' Bede thought.

"H-hey! W-what are you doing? Put me down!" He growled, thrashing in your arms.

"Be quiet, will you?" You said without a care in the world as you started trekking back to Hammerlocke with your Flareon following closely.

You repositioned him, forcing his hands to latch around your neck to avoid awkwardly flopping around. You also hugged him closer to your chest, trying to get him to pipe the hell down, which seemed useful.

Bede sighed, red-faced, half accepting his situation, though he still had a hostile glare pointed at passing trainers who were 'aw'ing' and giggling in your direction.

Bede nearly closed his eyes in your arms as he listened to the sound of your heartbeat. It sounded so serene and peaceful as if nothing was out of the ordinary—the total opposite of his nervously pounding one.

You and your Flareon glanced at each other with smug looks.

After all, you weren't an idiot. You weren't oblivious to your rival's crush on you. Maybe when he is ready to accept his feelings, you would confess that you are as equally enamoured with him.