Hop {2} - Loser Like Me (Fluff)

Summary: He was never able to win against his rivals, and he didn't become the champion. He couldn't live up to his older brother's name. He wasn't all that special, he thought. So, why would Hop ever think that you would ever glance at him? You were that sweet, lovable woman that worked day in and day out to help better the lives of rescued pokémon. Surely, you wouldn't be interested in a loser like him.

Genre: Fluff + light angst

Pairing: Hop X Rescuer!Reader

Warnings: Hop has low self-esteem; mentions of pokémon abuse.

Word Count: 14,741

~~~~~~

It's done, baby!

It was nice to work on something fluffy for Hop, even if he isn't my favourite! I wanted to work with Hop's low self-esteem phase, and this is how it came out.

There was supposed to be one more scene, but I cut it out so it didn't drag on for too long, not that I think many of you would have minded.

Perhaps, in the future, I'll make a bonus chapter that includes scenes from my stories that didn't make the cut.

This story is just innocently sweet. I probably needed a dose of sweet after that last, well, not so sweet fic involving a certain dragon tamer.  As much of a smut lover as I am, I absolutely adore writing long, fluffy one-shots with a storyline that isn't just porn.

It's a short story, but there's kind of a slow burn. Think of it like 'Stage Fright' where there isn't an established relationship between Hop and the reader character, going from acquaintances, to friends and then lovers.

Also, some of the reader's pokémon have nicknames, sue me. They aren't overly complicated/exotic names, so they'll be easy to remember!

Three of the pokémon in the story are directly inspired by some of my own rescues!

And as a bit of a bonus, I've added pictures of some of my animals at the very end!

Fair warning: they are snakes and lizards, so if you're uncomfortable with that, keep in mind to remain respectful!

As for what's coming next, if you've been following my activity, you'll know that the next two one-shots are going to be for Piers and Leon. 

I was kind of hesitant on which one I wanted to tackle first since I adore both of the ideas. In the end, I did decide to aim for the Leon one-shot as it's different from what I usually do, and I really want to work with a realistic approach of an unstable relationship with the reader character being the problem over being the victim. Plus, I haven't done anything for Leon since the second damned chapter of this book.

And then, I figured that the Piers one-shot that will come after would be a fluffy cure for the insane amount of angst I'll have vomited on you guys with the Leon story!

Of course, expect a small, well-deserved break from me before writing the next one-shot! I can't produce anything good on an overworked brain.

That's all I have to say! So, I won't keep you guys waiting any longer.

Thank you for your patience with me, I'm doing my absolute best!

Enjoy the floof!

~~~~~~

Sonia's lab was awfully quiet. At least, that's what Hop thought as he was the only person present in the building. Sonia was out, she had the urge to get out and do a bit of fieldwork for a change. Hop's Dubwool had fallen asleep near his desk quite some time ago.