Chapter 1

she is a messbut she is a masterpiece

she is a mess
but she is
a masterpiece

~

"Mama please!"

Muntaha said, her green eyes shining with desparation. She was trying to convince her mother to let her stay in hostel with other girls of her medical university. "Beta, those girls staying at hostel come from other cities far from here. You should be happy that you don't have to go away from us for your studies." said Umayah Saleem, Muntaha's mother.

"I want to experience the hostel life and also I won't be able to completely focus on my studies here." Muntaha tried using one of her last cards. But her mother wasn't having any of it, "Your father and I want the best for you and we don't want our only daughter to face the rough ends. As per your studies, you topped the board by studying at this very desk you're sitting at right now." replied her mother motioning towards the desk she was sitting on.

"But I-...." She abruptly stood up and was about to try another excuse but she could not use her innocent puppy-face to make her mother give in.

"I am not having anymore of your arguments. Your Chachu is coming to congratulate you. I want you down in half-an-hour." Muntaha pouted her plump dark pink lips but didn't say anything. Afterall, you can never win an argument from a Pakistani mother.

She gathered her waist-length ebony hair in a bun and went to change in her new Khaddar suit as the November chill had started to settle in.

The colours suited her gandami complexion. She wore some red bangles and her silver anklet with a single dolphin charm between two little diamond charms. It was a gift from her father and very dear to her. She wasn't very "girly" but she held some pieces of jewellery very dear to her heart.

 She wasn't very "girly" but she held some pieces of jewellery very dear to her heart

●~●

"Chachu!" yelled Muntaha as soon as she saw her paternal uncle while hopping down the stairs like a deer.
"Mera Bacha! I am so proud of you." her uncle said while wrapping an arm around her and pecked her head lovingly.

"Mera inaam?" (My gift?) She asked forwarding her slender hand demanding a gift from her fatherly loving uncle.

"Have I ever forgotten your chocolates?" He replied smiling and gave her a transparent box filled with her favourite Dairy Milk Silk chocolate.

"You're the best, Chachu!" She exclaimed taking the box from her uncle and giving him her breath-taking smile showing off her pearly white teeth. Then she looked around the room searching for her cousin and partner-in-crime."Safi kahan hain?" said Muntaha asking about the whereabouts of his paternal cousin.

"He said he'll come to meet you in the evening. He had classes." Her Chachi, Zoya Kamal-wife of his uncle Kamal Ahmed- replied who was coming out of the kitchen with Umayyah Saleem carrying a tray of freshly made snacks.

"Salam Chachi. How are you?" Muntaha asked taking the tray from her aunt and placing it on the centre table. She then took the tray holding the tea cups and kettle from her mother and started serving the tea to her elders. Muntaha never understood everyone's obssession with Chai. She only takes tea when she needs a dose of caffine during her late night study sessions and the coffee has ran out. According to her, tea only tasted like milk and burnt sugar and she hated milk.

"Walaikum Asalam beta, I am good. May Allah bless you more.Congratulations.I was so happy when Kamal told me about your clearance in entry test." Her aunt returned her greeting giving her a lovely smile and placing her hand on Muntaha's head in a loving gesture.

"Ameen. Thankyou so much." Muntaha replied.

"Muntaha beta, your aunt was telling me that Safi's  bestfriend also goes to the same university from which you got a scholarship." Umayyah, Muntaha's mother, said. She looked up from cup she was serving tea into.

"Zayyad Sahab's son?" asked Saleem Ahmed, Muntaha's father.

"Yes. He is a very nice kid. I also know his mother. She's very humble and polite." Zoya Kamal said.

"I met him and his father in the business party held last month. He is a close ally of my boss, very successful but also very humble." commented Saleem Ahmed.

"Bhai, did you hear?The Dawood Industries have launched a new project." said his brother, Kamal Ahmed, and the convesation steared to business just like that. The ladies were having a conversation about some new historic discovery and Muntaha just sat there putting a word or two in when she could.

Author's Note
Hello my lovely readers! I hope you liked the first chapter of "Muntaha". Please vote and leave you views in the comment section.
Doodles!