Chapter 20

imperfection is beauty;madness is genius

madness is genius.
and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous,
then to be absolutely
boring.

~

The three of them entered the shop together. The brothers went towards the men section and Muntaha went towards some of her cousins. Actually they were Shehryar's and Safi's maternal cousins but she was close to them due to her close bonding with Safi and Shehryar.

"Asalam-o-Alaikum." She greeted everyone and they all exchanged pleasantaries. After a little small talk. Everyone started looking around for clothes. Farheena who was the eldest among the cousins and married with a 3-year-old baby told the shop assistant to show Muntaha the dresses her mother chose for her. She herself had a very good dressing sense but her mother was afterall a fashion designer so she always took her mother's opinion about her clothes. Muntaha took the dresses and when she was going to the trial rooms she saw her mother entering and passed her a smile. The men and women trial room were side by side. When Muntaha was about to enter, she saw Safi exiting a trial room in a tux. Muntaha did a bad excuse of whistling and tried to tease him.

"Wah jee. Lagta hai Chachi ko apni chhoti bahu bhi dhoond leni chahiye."

"Bahu to mai dhoond chuka. Bas wo han krde to...." Safi dragged the last part and winked at Muntaha. She just laughed at his antics and entered the trial room and Safi went away to show the tux to everyone. Both of them were clueless about the raging bull Faris was turned into after hearing their conversation.

(Oh wow. Looks like aunt needs to start finding her younger daughter-in-law too.)

(I have already found her. Only if she says yes....)

Ofcourse, Safi was talking about Hadiya. He was in love with her since eighth standard when she wrapped up his arm with utmost care when he injured himself during a football match. She even made him eat her lunch to give him some energy and then gave him painkillers. The most hilarious part was when she started yelling at the opposite team for purposely hitting him. It is not an everyday sight when you see a short girl with pigtails yelling at boys two-year senior and a foot taller than her. Ofcourse Safi stood behind her and glared at them, daring them to say anything to her.

But Faris didn't know all this. He thought he was talking about Muntaha. His wife. And what ticked him off the most was his wife's response to his statement. She is a married woman. How can she behave like that, completely ignoring her husband's presence and openly flirting with other guys? He was so pissed off right now. He was standing there burning green in jealousy when Muntaha peeked her head out looking here and there.

When Muntaha went to try the dresses, the first one she tried on was a pastle pink oraganza saree with very light golden threadwork on it. It was very beautiful but the problem was the blouse. It was also pastel pink with beautiful motives and gems encrusted but the problem was it completely exposed her midriff and the sleeves were non-existent.