Chapter 5

if beauty were timeyou'd be eternity

if beauty were time
you'd be eternity

~

"I am fine."

Faris came out of the trance when he heard a small meek voice and then realised that the girl he'd been staring shamelessly at said something.

"Uh-... Do you need something? Water?" Faris asked hurriedly wanting to help the girl.

Muntaha shook her head lightly. Faris stood up and forwarded his hand towards the girl. When the girl didn't look up, he cleared his throat to get her attention.

Muntaha looked up and saw that the man had held his hand out for her to take and get up. Muntaha looked down once again and got up by the help of the stage behind her, not taking the man's hand since he was not her mehram.

Faris took his hand back and once again cleared his throat, feeling more awkward.

"Come, I'll take you to your friends. There's a welcome ceremony-... actually don't go there." Faris stopped when he remembered that his classmates were going to roast the newcomers in that 'welcome ceremony' and this girl was not in a state to handle a prank.

"I'll drop you to your house since there aren't anymore classes and your friends are getting pranked at the moment, so you should not go there." Faris said scratching his neck, a little awkward about the situation.

"Uhh-... Actually, I'll manage, I just need to call my driver. And thankyou for helping me." Muntaha said with lowered gaze, not wanting to be lost in his eyes again.

"Oh, okay. Nevermind." Faris was a bit embarrased by the fact that he offered to drive a girl to whom he was a complete stranger. Ofcouse, she'd refuse him.

Muntaha just looked up for a second and passed the man a polite smile. Then started walking towards the door, picking up her phone on the way which she had dropped in the darkness in a frenzy.

Faris shut his eyes and shook his head a little, trying to get the hoor out of his mind but failing. He proceeded to take the boxes for which he orginally came here but he saw a small glint near the place where that girl was sitting. When he took a closer look, he found a little pearl lying there. He turned around to return it to the girl as he realised her dupatta had some pearls on it so it must be hers but she had already left. He took the boxes and also exited the hall realising he didn't even ask for her name.

       ●~●

"Where did you vanish all of a sudden? You have no idea how worried I was!"

Muntaha heard Hadiya's yelling as soon as she picked up her call after coming out of the shower.

"Sorry, Hadi. I had to leave early, an emergency came up." Muntaha didn't tell her about what happened in the hall because she didn't want her to worry.

"Everything okay?" Hadiya asked, a bit calmed down.

"Yeah." Muntaha replied. "So what's up?" She asked.

"You missed all the fun, you know. There was a welcome ceremony held for us by our seniors where they basically roasted each other and us, did these weird introductions." Hadiya said excitedly.

"Yeah? That sounds fun." Muntaha replied trying to sound interested whereas in reality, that guy from earlier came into her mind. He also said something about the ceremony. Maybe he was her senior.

"And you won't believe it. The universitiy's topper was actually the topper of board and entry test." Hadiya told her.

"Why are you so interested in him? Book-worms were way out of your league the last time I checked." Muntaha said, teasing her bestfriend.

"Well, book-worms have never been this handsome. Yaar, bilkul tota hai wo. " Hadiya exclaimed, fawning over him, calling him an eye-candy.

(She's talking about Faris.😂)

"Hadi! Sharam kar. You shouldn't talk about someone like that." Muntaha scolded her, telling her to have a bit shame.

"Hayye! You haven't seen him. Waar tou mere dill pr hua hai." Hadiya said, being her over-dramatic self.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Do teen din mai uttar jaye ga apka yeh bukhar. I know you."  Muntaha laughed at her bestfriend's dramatics.

"Nahi naa. Zindagi bhar ka rog lag gaya hai kasam se."  Hadiya exclaimed.

"Really? I heard Fawad Khan's new movie is releasing." Muntaha said.

"What?! How is it possible that the love of my life is releasing a movie and I don't know about it?!" Hadiya shouted in shock.

"I was kidding. And abhi tou wo topper k baare mai kuch kaha ja raha tha na." Muntaha teased that just now she was fanning over the topper of university and now she called Fawad Khan, a famous Pakistani actor, the love of her life.

"Tum nahi sudhar sakti."  Muntaha was getting amused by her bestfriend's antics. She knew Hadiya was just playing around. Also that she knew her limits and would never over-step them.

"I know right!" Hadiya laughed. "So, are you coming to the formal welcome party tonight?" Hadiya asked.

"Yeah. I heard we can bring a plus one but we have to buy a pass for that." Muntaha said.

"It is for the seniors, not us. Who did you want to bring?" Hadiya said.

"Safi. I wanted to put your efforts of getting ready to use, you know." Muntaha teased.

"Whatever. I am feeling sleepy. I'll talk to you later." Hadiya blushed hearing Safi's name but tried to act normal.

Muntaha laughed. "Okay, Salam."

"Wasalam." Hadiya replied and ended the call.

Author's Note
This was just a filler chapter. I hope you guys are liking the story. Please share, vote and leave your views in the comment section.