1: The Familiar Dentist

Y/N L/N was sitting in his local library.

Unlike other twelve year old children his age, he wasn't into video games or social activity. He found it to be a waste of time. In the muggle world at least. He found the best way to keep himself entertained was to sit and enjoy a good book.

Y/N L/N certainly wasn't normal.

He was a Wizard, and not a very enthusiastic one mind you. It wasn't like he was a very popular one. In fact, the entire Wizarding World hated him, he had his mother to thank for that.

He had spent around two hours reading in the Library, being the genius that he was, he had already found a way to read his textbooks publically without suspicion from muggles.

Before he had left Hogwarts, he had used magic to remove the covers of all of his textbooks and replace them with the covers of his favourite fiction books. He had kept the original covers of course, so he could put them back when he returned to school.

Closing the disguised The Dark Forces: A Guide To Self-Protection, he sighed in frustration. At this point, he had already read through all of his First Year books, twice, and he was getting bored with reading the same information over and over again. His Hogwarts letter for his Second Year hadn't come yet, so he had no idea what books he needed for Second Year, and it frustrated him all the more.

He was also worried. Over the holidays he has stayed in contact with his two good friends from Hogwarts, Ron and Hermione, with letters, but none of them had heard from their other friend Harry.

It was shocking really that Y/N L/N and Harry Potter were such good friends at all. Harry was the most well known Wizard in the Wizarding World, the most popular, one of the most loved, a celebrity for the first eleven years of his life and he didn't even know it. And he was friends with one of the most hated faces in Wizarding history. Y/N always chuckled at the irony.

But Harry hadn't been answering any of their letters. They were actually starting to get very concerned.

Y/N knew that Harry lived with horrible people, but he didn't know exactly how horrible they were. There was always the possibility of him being held captive in his own home. He had given Ron that suggestion in his last letter.

Y/N looked up from his book to stare at the clock on the wall. It was almost three o' clock, he got up and put his book back into his bag.

After receiving the news that students weren't allowed to use magic outside of Hogwarts, and now that everyone knew that the fiend, Y/N L/N, was in fact going to Hogwarts, Y/N had been jumped by passing-by wizards many times. Fortunately, they never did much to him, as he was far stronger than he ought to be for a twelve year old boy, but after a few incidents, he decided to attend a martial arts class.

So at three o' clock every day, he attended a class where he learned basic self-defense, rope dart, and stick fighting. He didn't necessarily need to master the last two, but he found them cool and wanted to learn the techniques.

He had become quite good at stick fighting, it was like holding a sword and attacking your opponent with it. He had mastered several techniques over the past few weeks. If he was being honest, if anyone was to pass him an actual sword, to say his enemies would be in trouble would be a massive understatement.

During practice that day, Y/N had managed to severely miscalculate a hit, and ended up falling flat on his face, and he felt his tooth break.

Luckily, it was a back tooth, so he wouldn't end up having to remove one of his front teeth. But he would have to go to a dentist all the same.

After leaving his class early, he went to a paid phone to call up Annie, and tell her he would be needing to go to the dentists. She told him to make his way, and that she'd meet him there.

Unfortunately, when they met up in their local dentists, they found a nasty shock.

"What? Closed?" Y/N said in alarm, holding his broken tooth painfully.

Annie quickly read the sign outside the door if the building and nodded her head miserably.

"Apparently they're closed for redesign." she said. "They're completely taking apart the interior and refurbishing it."

"Why didn't we get a letter?" Y/N said.

"I don't know, Y/N," said Annie. "But this isn't the only dentists in London, we just need to go to another one."

After calling a taxi cab, they found another dentists, one that looked much more appealing in Y/N's opinion.

After entering, he and Annie sat in the waiting room until it was Y/N's turn. Y/N never had a problem with going to the dentists, he wasn't so much of a wuss that he feared getting his teeth checked up every so often. But that was mainly because his usual dentist was so nice. Maybe this dentist would be a little nastier?

He jumped just a little as his name was called, and he and Annie followed the person who had called his name to the dentists room.

When they entered, the dentist was sitting on a chair at a desk, next to the paitients chair of course. Next to it was a small tray filled with sharp, metal tools.

Upon entering, the dentists face seemed to light up as she saw him, much to his confusion.

Now that he thought about it, the dentist did seem very familiar. He tried to think exactly where he might have seen her before, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

"Hello there Mr L/N, and Mrs Colins," the dentist said, still smiling, as if she knew something that Y/N didn't. "What seems to be the trouble?"

"Y/N here broke his tooth in his Martial Arts Class." Annie explained. "We think it might have to be removed."

"Well, let's see it then."

Even the dentist's voice was somewhat familiar.

After taking a seat on the patients chair, the Dentist took a look at his tooth.

"Oh yes, your tooth is very severely damaged. It will have to be removed."

Y/N gave her nervous look. She laughed a little.

"Don't worry Y/N, I'm going to give you a little injection to numb the pain." she said.

After that, she got to work. While she worked, Y/N tried to remember why she seemed so familiar. She did seem to know him. But who was she?

Once she was done, the pain had completely gone, the tooth was gone, but his gum had swollen quite a bit.

After advising him to keep the padding pressed onto his cheek for as long as he could, the dentist offered him a sticker, which he politely refused.

Annie beamed at the dentist, thanking her almost repeatedly.

Y/N grinned at her as well. "Thank you so much Dr... Er..."

He searched for a name tag, and when he read the dentists name, his eyes widened, suddenly realising why the dentist seemed do familiar.

"I was wondering how long it would take before you recognised me." the dentist said to him, smiling widely.

"Wait, is your name Dr Granger?" he asked. He didn't even need to ask to be honest, he immediately remembered her face, from almost a year ago when he boarded the Hogwarts Express for the first time.

This woman was Hermione's mother.