17: Visiting Harry

The match had resumed. Y/N squinting above the match on Harry's Nimbus as he looked around for the golden Snitch.

"Aaand the match continues!" exclaimed Lee Jordan, commentating as usual. "We resume nicely with a spectacular goal from Spinnet! What an amazing goal! Seventy-ten to Slytherin. Oh, it seems L/N, Gryffindor's reserve Seeker, is playing in place of Potter, who had to leave to the Hospital Wing due to - er - unforseen difficulties. Never liked Lockhart anyway, always thought he was a -"

"Jordan!" came the familiar voice of Professor McGonagall, who had also returned to the stands.

"Sorry Professor, got carried away."

Y/N was impatient. He was anxious to see how Harry was doing, and wanted to end the match as quickly as possible. He didn't really give a crap whether Gryffindor won or lost.

"Still can't afford your own broom yet L/N?" came the sneering voice of Malfoy, who was zooming underneath him.

Y/N ignored him, but Malfoy continued, and it was really pissing him off. The brat wasn't even playing properly, he simply followed Y/N around wherever he went, in hopes Y/N would see the Snitch.

A sudden idea came to him, and he gave a small grin.

Out of nowhere, he dived, earning gasps and disappointed yells from the crowd, Malfoy saw him diving to the ground, and, thinking he had seen the Snitch, dived after him.

"Hang on, L/N has suddenly dived, has he seen the Snitch? What a burst of speed, there's no way he'd risk speeding to the ground that fast if he hadn't seen it. It seems Malfoy's seen it too! But who'll catch it first?"

Malfoy was catching up, his broom was faster.

And that's just what Y/N had been counting on.

"L/N's nearing the ground now, it's incredible! At the speed he's going at even if he catches the Snitch he'll collide with the ground! Talk about commitment! Oh, wait, what? He pulls up suddenly, how? At such speed too! He was feinting!"

And indeed, Y/N had pulled up mere inches away from the ground, and rocketed towards the sky once more, Malfoy, who had been travelling just about at a greater speed, was unable to escape the inevitable, and painfully collided into the ground.

"Well, I guess your broom was faster than your mouth, Draco." shouted Y/N in a taunting tone, as Malfoy groaned on the ground.

"Amazing! I've never seen anything so talented! That was a professional style feint! Fit for a champion!" Lee was shouting.

Many of the guys were cheering for Y/N madly, the girls, who had remembered Y/N assault on Lockhart, weren't so enthusiastic. Only a few feminine cheers could be heard.

Y/N looked towards the stands, Ron and Hermione had returned, and both were in very different states of celebration. While Ron was jumping up and down fanboying, Hermione looked paler than when Harry had been hit by the rougue Bludger, but was just about smiling, there were marks on her face where she had covered her eyes in fear.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a glint of gold. Feeling an unnatural burst of excitement, he zoomed after the Snitch, Malfoy, who was still pretty much immobilised on the ground, could do nothing as Y/N caught the struggling golden ball in the palm of his hand.

There was a deafening silence, and without even waiting for the cheers to erupt, Y/N had returned to the ground, and retreated to the stands, just as the cheers and applause broke out.

"Gryffindor win!! 160 to 70! Gryffindor win!" shrieked Lee Jordan in delight.

"How's Harry?" he asked anxiously when he had pushed past the crowd of people to Ron and Hermione.

"He's fine!" shouted Ron excitedly, "Don't worry about him for now, that was bloody amazing! You might just be the first Hogwarts student to ever pull off a proper feint!"

"'Don't worry about him'?" Y/N repeated, "He has no bones in his right arm! I'm going to see him."

It would have to wait however, because Wood and the rest of the team had made it to them in the stands, and Wood, happier than Y/N had ever seen him, had pulled him into a hug, then hoisted him onto his shoulders and matched back onto the pitch, where screams from the crowd could be heard.

Y/N felt somewhat irritated that he was the centre of attention, something he had always hated, but Ron had said that Harry was fine. It wouldn't hurt to wait to see him.

Y/N relaxed, the tension he had been feeling and concern for his friend dimmed slightly, and Y/N allowed the entire team to lift him into the air, the cheers still erupting from the crowd.

* * *

"Don't ever do something like that again!" squealed Hermione, as the three of them made their way to see Harry in the Hospital Wing.

She sounded quite hysterical to be honest.

"That was so reckless of you! The way you almost collided with the ground, you could have been seriously hurt!"

"I'm not though, am I?" Y/N said simply, amused at her behaviour. "I'm fine. Not a scratch on me."

Hermione wouldn't stop though, and the entire way to the Hospital Wing she reprimanded him.

When they finally made it, Madam Pomfrey wasn't too pleased to see them.

"You should have come straight to me!" she raged.

Ron rolled his eyes. "You said that already."

Harry, who was now fully conscious and lying in bed, seemed to be undergoing serious pain. "I had to take some weird medicine called 'Skelle-gro'" he explained. "It was disgusting, and regrowing bones is not a pleasant expirience, I'll tell you that."

"How can you stick up for Lockhart now, Hermione, eh?" Ron said to Hermione. "If Harry wanted de-boning he would have asked."

"Anyone can make a mistake," said Hermione in a small voice.

Y/N turned to her angrily. "Look at him Hermione! Harry's going to go through a night of absolute pain because of that fraud. How in the hell can you still defend him?!"

Hermione winced under Y/N's stern gaze, and refrained from looking him in the eyes.

"Y/N, I'm fine, its alright." said Harry uncertainly.

"No it's bloody not!" he practically shouted in response. "I'm so sick of that bastard! I'm sick of all his useless lessons! I'm sick of his lies! I'm sick of his bloody ego! And I'm sick of how smitten Hermione is with him! And I'm gonna expose him for the fraud he is, just watch me!"

"Y-Y/N, calm down," begged Hermione.

Without another word, Y/N stormed out of Hospital Wing.

There was a very awkward pause between the three remaining members of the Golden Quartet.

"Well, that could've gone better..." mumbled Harry, his arm still stabbing with pain.