F I V E .

Tazanna.
I hummed to myself as we walked through the carnival eating cotton candy. I glance at the people around us , something I've always done in a new environment. Someone's phone in our group went off and I heard Ameerah voice .

"Hello? Hey Symphony." Her voice got noticeably louder and I side eyed her. I noticed a ice cream vendor and my eyes lit up and I walked over.

"Now she know Taz don't like her ." I heard Kay said and I chuckled as I walked away. My guess is that she called to tell me happy birthday. Which it is tomorrow officially so that was nice but she could've sent a card or something. I smiled at the vendor guy who mirrored me.

"Hello beautiful what can I get you?" I did a little dance .

"Ummm can I get cookie dough please ?" I say about to pull out my money.

"Anything else?"

"No-"

"Lemme get a cookies and cream and that'll be it ." I heard Dave say walking up beside me. He swiftly pulled out a twenty and handed to the guy.

"Keep the change sir." The man nodded saying thank you.

"You like following me huh?"

"I actually wanted some ice cream." He said putting his hands up in surrender laughing. I squinted my eyes at him.

"Scouts honor ." I rolled my eyes shaking my head. I watch the guy scoop my ice cream and licked my lips.

"I want someone to look at me like you look at ice cream ." Dave said laughing breaking me out of my trance.

"I love ice cream ." I shrugged grabbing the ice cream that the man handed to me . I took a spoonful and put it in my mouth. I moaned softly smiling and I heard a clearing of a throat .

"Do I need to leave you two alone?" I looked at Dave who was giving me an unreadable expression. I laughed at myself because I knew I looked crazy.

"Nah , thanks or whateva I'll pay you back ." He waved me off.

"Consider it a birthday gift."

"So you just gon buy me Ice cream and that's it ?" I said acting hurt. He shrugged .

"I mean I don't really like you so ." I mugged him.

"Yeah okay ." He smirked at me before laughing.

"I hate you too ." I said before going back to eating my ice cream.

"I never said I hated you ." He said eating his ice cream.

"You act like it ."

"I can never hate you , you do piss me off tho." I looked at him.

"So what exactly do you feel towards me David?"
He ate another spoonful of ice cream looking at me as he did so . His stare was kinda intense. I furrowed my eyebrows because I expected him to say some stupid shit. But I see he's actually putting thought into it.

"I don't think you ready for my answer." I tilted my head to the side . Now I'm curious.

"But I do ." He chuckled eating a spoonful and didn't say anything. Kay walked up to us , I felt her looking at me . Probably because I was looking at Dave crazy . I moved my eyes to her .

"What's up?" She looked between us before replying.

"We about to leave out , y'all staying here?" I felt his eyes on me as I thought about it .

"I'm probably gonna head to my room. We doing that safari thing tomorrow so." I said getting up .

"Yeah I gotta FaceTime my favorite girl again, I'm missing her." Dave said getting up too. I smiled at the thought of my friend, I love her to death.