Chapter 1: Tick Tock, Mr and Mrs Wick

New York City.

The City that never sleeps...

It's a city of dichotomies; it's exhausting and exhilarating, humbling and inspiring. It's one of the hardest cities you'll ever live in but, if you survive, you'll never be able to live anywhere else.

The once blue sky was now covered with dark clouds, thunder began to rumble and the first lightning struck in the now black sky. Rain began to pour down on the city as the citizens pull up their hood, or pull out their umbrellas, to protect them from the heavy rain. The people then continued on with their day as they head into shops or into a restuarant or heading back to work. Just a normal day for the people.

But for the two people that were running in the rain, with their dog trotting along beside them, it wasn't a normal day for them. The man and the woman were running for their lives, the woman, constantly, kept looking over her shoulder. She was beyond terrified while the man was trying to focus and come up with an idea for their survival.

John Wick.

Excommunicado.

In effect 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

The couple made it towards Time Square and look around themselves as they were surrounded by people. The woman looks around nervously as the man scans the crowd then looks down at his watch. "How much longer?" The woman asked him and he looks at her. She could tell from his eyes that they don't have very long, she takes his hand and holds on to it before they take off again.

"I do hope that Mr. Wick and his wife find their way to safety." Charon said as he and Winston walk back into the Continental. "He knew the rules, he broke them. He killed a man on company grounds, Charon. And that poor girl is just stuck in the middle of it." Winston said as they walk along the lobby.

"Do you expect him to make it out?" Charon asked. "14 million dollar bounty on his head and every interested party in the city wants a piece of it, I'd say the odds are about even." Winston said and he walks away.

You, John and your dog end up running in an alley then you lean against the wall to catch your breath. John pulls down his sleeve and looks down at his watch then digs in his pocket to see he still only had one coin left.

"They'll kill you just as soon as they'll make you better. But I know better, man. I know better. I know it, I'm..." a homeless man said then he looks over at the couple and smirks as he pulls down his sleeve, revealing his watch. "Tick tock, Mr and Mrs Wick. Tick tock. Tick tock... tick tock... Tick..." the guy said before he laughs. John grabs your hand and the two of you run. "No time to dilly-dally, you two!" The man shouts after you as he continues to laugh.

Eventually, you and John make it towards the streets and John signals for a taxi. The yellow cab pulls up and John opens the door, the dog jumps in first then you get in. John gets in after you and closes the door while you started to rub your hands together, trying to warm them up. "New York Public Library." John said to the driver. "You got it." The driver replied then he starts to drive off but it didn't take long for you guys to get stuck in traffic. You groan and run your hands over your face as John looks down at his watch again.

Tick tock...tick tock...

John digs into his pocket and pulls out his last coin and holds it up to the driver. "Change of plan. The Continental. Can you see that he's received by the concierge?" John said as he nods towards the dog. "Yes, sir, Mr. Wick." The driver said and you turn to the dog and scratch his right ear as John leans over and pets the top of his head. "Good boy." You whispered to the dog as he looks up at you then towards John. "Good dog." John said then both of you patted the dog's head and John opens the door and gets out.