Chapter 3: Jardani Jovonovich

After abandoning the horse, you follow John up to this theater where he goes up to the Ticketmaster window and knocks on the window. "We are closed." The lady said, not looking up from her book, in a heavy Russian accent. John pulls out the cross from his pocket and slams it against the window, getting the woman's attention. She looks up and her eyes widen as she sees this then she goes and opens the door for you two.

Both of you enter the building and you could hear music playing from where you guess was the theater. John leads you to a table where there were about three men sitting around it when they look up at John. "It's been a while." one of the men said as John places his coins, the cross and the Oath Marker on the table. You stood there, slightly confused, as another guy said to John. "And the belt." John stares at him then takes off his belt and lays it on the table. 

"And the lady?" One of the men asked as he nods towards you and you look over at John. He gestures towards your wrist and you look down and see your knife bracelet. "Oh, sorry." You muttered as you take it off the bracelet and set it on the table. The men nodded as one of them said. "Show them the way." another guys comes up to you two as John grabs the cross. "Be seeing you." John said to the men. "Be seeing you." one of men said and the two of you were lead out of the room and into the main theater.

The man opens the door and you and John walk down the little runway of the theater, where music was playing and the room was dark apart from one blue light shining on the dancer on the stage. "Again." A woman's voice shouts at the girl when she falls and makes a mistake. The girl gets up and starts dancing again as John goes up to the woman and kneels before her.

"Jardani. Why have you come home?" asked the Director. Jardani? you thought, confused, as John holds up the cross to her. "You present this to me like an answer." The Director said. "I still have my ticket." John replied, roughly. "After all the chaos you and this woman have caused for the last few weeks, you think your ticket is valid?" The Director asked as she looks at you, giving you a disapproving look.

You didn't like how she looked at you and part of you wanted to snap back but you didn't want to make things worse for you and John so you stayed quiet. "You forget that the Ruska Roma is bound by the High Table? And the High Table stands above all. They could kill me just for talking to you. You honor me by bringing death to my front door?" The Director asked, angrily, as John looks down for a moment but looks back at her, still holding up the cross.

"Oh, Jardani. What has become of you?" She asked, disappointed, as she looks at John. There it is again. Jardani...what does that mean? You thought until John looks over at you then looks back at the woman. "My name is Jardani Jovonovich. I am a child of the Belarus, an orphan of your tribe....You are bound to help me. You are bound! And I am owed!" John said. 

The Director looks at him for a moment then shouts. "Runi, enough!" The girl on stage stops and walks away and the Director stands up. "With me." She said to John and he stands up and she starts to walk down the runway and pass the stage. You and John exchange looks and he gestures for you to follow him and the two of you head towards the backstage.

"You are owed. You are owed nothing, Jardani. You know, when my pupils first come here, they wish for one thing. A life free of suffering. I try to dissuade them from these childish notions, but as you know, art is pain. Life is suffering." The Director said as the three of you pass by some of the dancers as they were stretching and preparing for their practice.

"Somehow you managed to get out. But here you are, back where you began. All of this for what?" The Director asked then she turns sharply to John. He looks over at you and you look up at him and he takes your hand in his, the Director looks at this, her eyebrow raised, then a look a realization washes over her face. "Ah, love. Of course." She said, in an almost disapproving tone, then she turns and continues down the steps. "She's the light of my life. Her love gives me strength to overcome life’s challenges. I can’t imagine life without her." John said and the Director laughs, sarcastically. "Oh, she's already made you soft! Not a good sign, Jardani." She said once she turns to him. She turns back and continues on, you and John follow her behind.