Chapter 7: If You Want Peace, Prepare For War

Winston leads you, John, your dog and Charon downstairs and towards this large door with a hand scanner next to it. Winston places his hand on the scanner then turns the wheel on the door, opening it. "Let's make a withdrawal." He said as you enter this room that was basically a weapons room as there was display cabinet and cases filled with guns and knives. You were just in complete awe as you see this.

"Remember...These will be High Table forces. We may have to consider our choices carefully." Charon informed you two as you and John go to one display case. "Why?" John asked him as he grabs a gun and looks it over. "Much has changed during your time away." Charon replied. "Like what?" John asked, curiously. "Well, let us say they have made armor improvements. May I suggest the 2011 Combat Master in combination with the 9 mm NATO?" He said as he hands you two these hand guns that was next to the case you two were looking at.

Both of you take the guns and John looks them over and tries it out. "125 grain, 1425 feet per second. Serious business." Charon said as he hands a bullet to John. "Thank you." John said as he takes the bullet. Charon smiles. "Let us begin." He said and the three of you began to load up while Winston turns on the record player and it begins to play a classical piece of music.

"Charon, will you help set the mood for our new guests?" Winston asked. "Of course, sir." Charon said and he goes over to a panel and flips some switches, turning the power off in the Continental. "I know you'll do The Continental proud." Winston said to Charon. "I'll see you soon, sir." Charon said as John grabs a bigger gun and turns to Winston while you load up all of the guns you picked out.

"And you, Jonathan, do what you do best." Winston said to John. "What's that?" John asked him. "Hunt." Winston replied then he turns to you. "And you, (y/n)..." Winston said and you look over at him. "...do be careful." He finished and you nod at him then you, John and Charon walk out of the room.

"If you want peace, prepare for war." Winston mutters as Charon closes the door and him and the Wicks head into the lobby area and slowly made their way around.

And with that it was on, as you, John and Charon fired at the High Table's men. All three of you shot and killed as many men that would make your way while also taking cover behind some walls or pillars as the armored men fired back at the three of you. Charon wasn't wrong saying these guys had good armor as it seemd you guys had to use multiple bullets at a time just to be able to kill a guy.

Even at one point, John ran out of bullets and threw the gun at one guy in the face then grabbed him and took his gun then shot and killed him and a couple more men. You were shooting at some men when the gun you had clicked, telling you out of bullets. "Shit." You muttered as you feel around you pockets and couldn't find any more ammo or guns, you used them all.

You go and make your way back to the weapons room, John right behind you. "Winston! Winston!" John shouts as he knocks on the door. The door opens and the two of you walk in as you see Winston sitting on the couch and drinking wine while the dog was sleeping next to him on the couch. "We need more firepower." You said and he holds his arms out to the weapons as if to say take your pick. 

Charon comes in and starts to head towards the display cases and you and John follow him. "Armor improvements." John said, slightly annoyed, and Charon holds up a large bullet. "12 gauge steel slugs. Armor piercing." He said and the three of you grab shotguns and load them with the 12 gauges then make your way back out to the battlefield.

These bullets seemed to work as it was just one shot and these guys were down. You and John worked as a team when on of you had to load the other would fire their gun at the threats. One guy came up and started to fight John hand to hand when both of them fell into this little pool of water. You shot at a couple of men coming after you then you turn to the pool and held your gun up at the pool, waiting.