Chapter One

*cough* "He doesn't love me..." *cough* *cough* "Eijiro, Eijiro, Hold on, we are getting help. Everything is going to be okay."..... That voice sounds familiar, and it was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

*FLASHBACK*

"Um..... hey Katsuki..."
"What is it shitty hair?"
"I um I don-"
"Spit it out shitty hair I don't have all day."
Katsuki seems to be growing impatient...
"Ok ok geez."... "I um... um.... here just take this."
Katsuki took the note that I had poured my heart into, my very soul, my everything went into it.
"Katsuki I don-"
"WAIT... um wait... please don't read it out loud."
"Ok whatever shitty hair"
As he reads the note it feels like hours are going by, time is just slowly ticking and making my life hell. Breathe Eijiro breathe. In, out, in, out, in oh to hell with it. How long has it been? I didn't write too much did I? I should just take it back and save what I'm going to lose, save the friendship. He deserves to know.
Eijiro I-"
"No no no... it's ok i-it's my fault, I mean you already turned down so many people I don't know why I thought... I don't know why I thought I would be an exception. I'm sorry and I understand if you never want to see me again."
I felt a burning hole in my heart, after all the effort and energy I put into that stupid little note, I don't want to be rejected, I can't do it. I tried to look strong for my pride and dignity as I fought back my tears, knowing that Katsuki never had or will love me.
"Eijiro... I'm sorry."
"No it's fine... it's okay... it's fine... it's okay..."
I don't know how long I was standing there mumbling lies to myself but... by the time I came back to my senses..... Katsuki was gone. He left me alone and I don't want to be alone, I want someone to just hold me and tell me that everything is going to be okay, that I'll find someone else that I-... that I don't need him... I need someone to lie to me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I awoke in a white room with bright lights the air smelled clean  like everything is constantly sanitized, I can hear a beeping noise some kind of machine. As my sight starts to focus, I look around and see... Shoto.
"How are you feeling?"
"Um... ok? Why what happened?"
"I went into your dorm room because I heard about... Katsuki, and I decided to check on you, I wanted to see if you were okay. When I went in you were on the floor hunched over coughing up blood... and petals. You were almost unconscious and I didn't know what to do so I just called 911."
"Does anybody else know?"
"No, I don't see why anyone else would need to know unless you wanted them to. I know how it feels when people know things they shouldn't and I don't feel you need the stress right now. "
"Okay... thank you Shoto."
"No problem."
"So what's wrong with me? Shoto..... I'm scared. I mean what if I ha-"
"You'll be okay. The doctors said that it's called hanahaki disease. It's caused by unreturned feelings."
"So basically, I am cursed to live a horrible and painful life just because someone doesn't love me? Because I wasn't good enough? Because I loved someone even though I knew that they could never love me back?"
"Well I mean that's a really dark way to put it but, the doctors said there are a few ways to cure it."
"How?"
"Well you could find new love or... you could get surgery."
"What's so bad about the surgery?"
"If you get the surgery, it makes you incapable of loving ever again. It gets rid of all emotions you could possibly have. You'd basically be a zombie."