Chapter 2: Lost and found

You are walking around aimlessly. You had photographed tons of wildlife within the past few hours but now you seem to be lost. I'll just call mom. You think to yourself. You pull out your iPhone X plus and go to call her. You can't even get to your contacts because you have no signal. This is bad... you think as you feel your eyes get watery. I should have listened to mom and stayed on our property. I mean I am but I shouldn't have gone so far without knowing how to get back. 

You wonder around for a while longer. You check the time and it read 4:30. You said you would be back in by 5:30. You snap out of your desperate thoughts when you hear something. Crack! Crunch! You had twigs snapping. Too heavy to be an animal's. Oh no. What if they know I'm not supposed to be out this far. What if I did wander out of our property and this is the owner. You think while your heart races. You duck behind a bush and wait. Crunch! Crunch! Snap! The person walks closer. You close your eyes. Then you realize it might be best to keep them open in case they see you. You open them. And who do you see standing right there? The one, the only, Robert Irwin. You quietly and quickly get up and try to run back from where you came from. But Robert spots you. "Hey!" You yells after you. You stop and spin around. "Oh um.. good day to you and hello I was umm... I'm just leaving." You shakily replie. "G'day! I'm Robert! But may I ask, what are you doing on Australia zoo's undeveloped land?" You don't completely hear what he says because your staring at his blue eyes. So intense and passionate... snap out of it! "I'm Y/N and I know who you are!" You say while reaching out to shake his hand. You can see the dismay on his face. "I mean... like um not in a weird way but like I watch reruns of crocodile Hunter and watch the new Crikey it's the Irwins." You stop when you realize you are rambling. You turn beat red. "Ahh of course I should have known! Most people in Australia know who I am! But your not from here are you?" He asks and then smiles. "Oh no we just moved her from Michigan. Much colder there." You answer quickly. "So why are you on our property?" He asks again. "Oh I was photographing wildlife on our property but I got carried away and lost. I have no clue how to get back." You say hanging your head. For the first time he seems to notice your camera. "I have the same one!" He shouts excitedly. You smile at him. "I can walk you back to Australia zoo and then your family can pick you up from there." He offers politely. "Thanks but I can find my way home." You tell him as you start walking towards where you think home is. "Ummm Y/N That's the way Australia zoo is." He tells you. "Maybe I do need to go to Australia zoo and be picked up from there!" You laugh awkwardly. 

You and Robert walk back to Australia zoo without any conversation. When you finally get there you turns to you and says "well this is Australia zoo!" He smiles proudly. You look around at everything. Since you came through the woods in the back you are behind an Exhibit. "I'd say something about it if I could see something other then this wall!" You joke. He laughs and guides you around the big wall. "Wow...it's gorgeous here..." you tell him. The animals look so happy and well taken care of and there are people everywhere looking at the huge habitats. "You like it?" "Like it? I love it!" You shout. People recognize Robert and all say hello and ask for photos and what not. You stand awkwardly. Finally he shouts "G'day everyone! As much as I'd like the talk to all of you I have somewhere to be! You can come to our meet and greet next Friday though! All the times are posted on Australia zoo's website." The crowd dispersed and all went to do their own thing. People stare at you oddly. Maybe it's because your legs are caked in dirt and so are your shorts. Or maybe it's because Robert Irwin is with you. You suddenly realize how I'm hot it is in Austrila. Really hot. Really really hot. Especially in the summer. Robert takes you to the gate of Australia Zoo and you call your mom. When your mom gets there she gets out of the car and hugs you tightly. "Oh my goddess sweetheart! We were so worried when it was 6:21 and you weren't back yet!" Your mother turns around and looks at Robert Irwin. "Thank you so much for saving her! She would have been lost for who knows how long! We will never watch crikey it's the Irwins without thinking about how heroic you were!" Your mom thanks him. You blush and turn away. "It really was nothing." He says  honestly turning away. 

Robert waves to you two as you pull out fo Australia zoo's parking lot. You groan and slide down in your seat. "Mom could you have been anymore embarrassing?" You ask. "Honey I'm just so thankful!" She cheers. You check your phone. One message from Sara. "Omg omg thx so much! I love them! They are in purple!" You forgot that you gave Mrs. Hennfing a small package to give to  Sara on her birthday. Your father had been on a business trip in Italy and got you expensive hand made earrings in a  Burgundy beige color. Sara adored them and looked into getting them but they were to expensive. Your family is not rich but upper upper middle class. Sara's family is just middle class and the earrings were $2,000. You got them for her online in purple her favorite color. You text her "Glad you love them! I'll call you later to talk to you about it but Robert Irwin just saved me!" You text her back. "Omg! Omg! Like the cute and hot Robert Irwin?" She responds. "Yes! G2g ttyl!" You respond fondly. You scroll through the photographs on your camera and see you got some really good shots. You sigh happily and fall asleep in the car.